The Student Room Group

friend pissed off at something

Ok, I have this friend (a muslim girl) who wears a headscarf and I accidentally told her over chat that she should get a haircut and should take off the headscarf -- she was pissed off that I did not respect her values and I didnt understand the wisdom behind it. I am a guy, still not sure what went wrong and what should I do?

How do I really convince her? I apologized and she did not forgive me.

Any girls who wears headscarf/friends with them -- can you please help?? she is a good friend of mine and want to patch things up. help :frown:
Just say "sorry for being an insensitive douche, can I make it up to you?"
Reply 2
Original post by lazy smurf
Just say "sorry for being an insensitive douche, can I make it up to you?"

I told her that (except the douche thing)... not working... do u wear headscarf? what is it that I dont get it? can u help me here?
Original post by Anonymous
I told her that (except the douche thing)... not working... do u wear headscarf? what is it that I dont get it? can u help me here?

No I don't. but to make a woman accept your apology you have to make her laugh (douche part) and point out it was your bad.
Reply 4
What is it that you don't get? Perhaps start by understanding their religious values.
Reply 5
No I don't. but to make a woman accept your apology you have to make her laugh (douche part) and point out it was your bad.

are you a woman or some random dude taking chances?
Say you're sorry for being insensitive you're not really sure about the religious motivations behind wearing the headscarf so maybe she could help explain before she starts shouting at you again?
(edited 13 years ago)
are you a woman or some random dude taking chances?

I'm a bloke, with experience at annoying women and consequently apologising.
Reply 8
Original post by Melting Sugar.

Say you're sorry for being insensitive you're not really sure about the religious motivations behind wearing the headscarf so maybe she could help explain before she starts shouting at you again?

this^
Reply 9
Tell her she doesn't need protection from sun or sand in england and to take the stupid thing off.
Reply 10

do u know what that is? now, I am a bit scared of asking her what it might be. thing is she seems old fashioned and orthodox Muslim girl and these girls respond and react in a different way compared to normal white chics..
Reply 11
Original post by Dynasty
Tell her she doesn't need protection from sun or sand in england and to take the stupid thing off.

I am trying to patch things up not burn the bridge once and for all
'Accidently'
Original post by Dynasty

Lol, this.
Reply 14
I'm a bloke, with experience at annoying women and consequently apologising.

me too bro. My god, I am hopeless -- I have annoyed so many women and apologized -- just dont get it how to really speak you know what I mean?
me too bro. My god, I am hopeless -- I have annoyed so many women and apologized -- just dont get it how to really speak you know what I mean?

Like I said, make them laugh.
You might want to start by educating yourself about world faiths and their practices. I'm not Muslim, but I can see why she's pissed at you.
How could you accidentally tell someone they need to have a haircut and take off her headscarf? That's ridiculous lol. Obviously you don't understand the importance that headscarfs have to their religious beliefs, so say that you don't understand much about her religion and apologise for being disrespectful and an ass about it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by DanielleT192
How could you accidentally tell someone they need to have a haircut and take off her headscarf? That's ridiculous lol. Obviously you don't understand the importance that headscarfs have to their religious beliefs, so say that you don't understand much about her religion and apologise for being disrespectful and an ass about it.

She apologized me. But I do suck at talking to women -- not the less confident types but more like talking to a woman like how you talk to a man. You are a woman, aren't ya? what do u suggest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending