Turn on thread page Beta

I have Moobs :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Actually rowing is a pretty good idea I would have thought, thanks.
    No probs, as a rower meself (well, very very very casual rower ) it's a good sport.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less. Exercise more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samatkins)
    No probs, as a rower meself (well, very very very casual rower ) it's a good sport.
    Doesn't it wreck the back, I am looking into it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matty-)
    Eat less. Exercise more.
    Care to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Right thanks, going to aim on running in the morning and then running on the night and try and join the local boxing club or something. I don't know I am scared people will just laugh. RUn fat boy run type thing.
    Haha I love that film! ok, if you're going to run I'd say once a day is plenty enough, otherwise you can seriously strain your heart.. And if you're really worried about the gym (which is silly cause I know lots of larger people at my gym and nobody notices them, they're all concentrating on themselves!) then perhaps you've heard of HIIT? I've heard that works well!

ReputationRep:
    Ok OP, here's what you do.

How about first of all you stop chowing down on all your sodas, Big Macs, chocolate bars and biscuits. This is the first and most important step. Next, you have to revolutionise your diet. The moobs are there because of excess body fat. If you want to lose that fat, you're going to have to eat less food. Create a calorie deficit (you eat less calories than you burn each day). I'm assuming that since you have let your body degrade to the point where your chest has its own protective airbags, you're gonna be pretty heavy and have a fairly high BMR, so this shouldn't take too much effort. Cut unwanted sugars out of your diet completely. No more donuts and beers for you. Eat lean meat, such as chicken and fish, plenty of vegetables and make sure your carbs come from wholemeal sources (e.g. brown bread and rice).

Next, once that fat starts to recede, you're gonna want to decorate your torso with a mighty pair of pecs. Start by doing press-ups, tricep dips (off a bench or a chair), and move on to using free weight exercises like bench presses. Keep doing these over several months, increasing the weight, and while you're at it work your legs, back and arms out too, otherwise the chest muscle won't grow to its full capacity and you'll find it hard to tone up.

I used to be in a similar position to you, OP. I used to wear thick jumpers and never took my top off in the summer because my chest embarrassed me. Now though, thanks to hard work and correct diet, I've got the best pecs out of anyone I know, and I whip my top off at every chance I get.
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Care to elaborate?
    I thought it was pretty self explanatory tpfh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Cat Lady)
    Haha I love that film! ok, if you're going to run I'd say once a day is plenty enough, otherwise you can seriously strain your heart.. And if you're really worried about the gym (which is silly cause I know lots of larger people at my gym and nobody notices them, they're all concentrating on themselves!) then perhaps you've heard of HIIT? I've heard that works well!
    haha highly intensive interval training - yeah I think that is what the article describes? I think i am just gonna keep it simple .. run lots ... eat less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    A Year???
    I want to keep away from the gym until well they are considerably less than what they are now lol.
    Yes a year Im sorry but moobs are just massive lumps of fat and fat takes absolute ages to burn which is why it takes so long !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanPsycho)

How about first of all you stop chowing down on all your sodas, Big Macs, chocolate bars and biscuits. This is the first and most important step. Next, you have to revolutionise your diet. The moobs are there because of excess body fat. If you want to lose that fat, you're going to have to eat less food. Create a calorie deficit (you eat less calories than you burn each day). I'm assuming that since you have let your body degrade to the point where your chest has its own protective airbags, you're gonna be pretty heavy and have a fairly high BMR, so this shouldn't take too much effort. Cut unwanted sugars out of your diet completely. No more donuts and beers for you. Eat lean meat, such as chicken and fish, plenty of vegetables and make sure your carbs come from wholemeal sources (e.g. brown bread and rice).

Next, once that fat starts to recede, you're gonna want to decorate your torso with a mighty pair of pecs. Start by doing press-ups, tricep dips (off a bench or a chair), and move on to using free weight exercises like bench presses. Keep doing these over several months, increasing the weight, and while you're at it work your legs, back and arms out too, otherwise the chest muscle won't grow to its full capacity and you'll find it hard to tone up.

I used to be in a similar position to you, OP. I used to wear thick jumpers and never took my top off in the summer because my chest embarrassed me. Now though, thanks to hard work and correct diet, I've got the best pecs out of anyone I know, and I whip my top off at every chance I get.
    Thanks you have actually inspired even more so.
    Just one thing .. should I start the exercise straight away along with the crunch in the diet?

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to do exercises that focus on your chest area in particular, merely walking more and eating less won't get rid of the excess fat on your chest. Sure it will make you thinner but if you want to do this in a month you won't really see much of a result in such a short space of time.

Try weight training and cardio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanPsycho)

I'm pretty sure a negative calorie intake whilst building up muscle is very bad for your health:confused: What would you live off!

Why the neg it was a genuine question... wouldn't you be fainting all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    You'll have to do exercises that focus on your chest area in particular, merely walking more and eating less won't get rid of the excess fat on your chest. Sure it will make you thinner but if you want to do this in a month you won't really see much of a result in such a short space of time.

Try weight training and cardio.
    Weight training that hits everywhere or particuraly the chest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Weight training that hits everywhere or particuraly the chest?
    The chest area, it'll focus in on your muscles in that region and tone them up quicker

http://www.stopmanboobs.com/man-boobs/how-to-get-rid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Doesn't it wreck the back, I am looking into it now.
    only if u r doin eet rong ;3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    haha highly intensive interval training - yeah I think that is what the article describes? I think i am just gonna keep it simple .. run lots ... eat less
    It does?! Oh sorry, musta misread it, I do that a lot yeh ok then stick to that plan, I'd strongly suggest the gym but maybe that's cause I'm a bit of a gym addict... Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    The chest area, it'll focus in on your muscles in that region and tone them up quicker

http://www.stopmanboobs.com/man-boobs/how-to-get-rid
    Samatkins suggested rowing surely this is like the perfect exercise? Resistance and works the chest area whilst blending with cardio?

ReputationRep:
    I've had fat deposits in my chest too and started working out, doing dips, bench press, incline bench press, dumbell flys, incline dumbell flys, i still have fat deposits on my chest ( need to start doing cardio) as well as my stomach but weights have certainly helped to firm the chest up, you'll find that when doing weights and you start building chest muscles they will look bigger but thats because the fat is now pushed out... Do interval training after a weights workout and you will feel really good afterwards but tired because your body will now be in a fat burning state.

Basically you wont be able to lose fat only in chest, once you start losing fat you will lose it all around so its pretty easy to look at the diet and clean it up as a poster above me already mentioned by cutting out unhealthy food but you still need cardio and weights.

You mentioned a local boxing gym, some boxing gyms have weights too, maybe do weights first then hit the punch bags, do skipping, do some shadow boxing and maybe once your confident enough spar aswell. Boxing is a good full body workout for fat loss and being in good athletic form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Samatkins suggested rowing surely this is like the perfect exercise? Resistance and works the chest area whilst blending with cardio?
    Sounds good. Yeah if you blend them in together your heart will become stronger so your stamina improves as well as your muscle tone. Win-win

ReputationRep:
    I think it's all been cleared up quite well here.

Avoiding fatty and sugary foods whilst keeping running regularly should do the trick for weight loss. As far as I am aware running longer distances burns more calories than running shorter distances at a higher speed, so I would say focus on distance.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.