Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've already applied for Graphic Design, and I've had an offer and two rejections so far but I've realised that I've pretty much decided to do the wrong thing. I've had a bad feeling since I applied that I should have done English or Journalism but now I'm sure of it.
    I've got 400 UCAS points in relevant A level subjects and I'm just about to finish an art foundation so I don't really need to worry about grades, but I'd really appreciate any advise on what to do now? Do I have to wait for clearing to get offers now or is there any way for me to contact unis directly to try and get places? Any help would be appreciated as I'm super stressed out about this and I feel like I've completely screwed myself over

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure your gonna have to reject all your graphic design offers and try through clearing, however im usre someone will correct me if im wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitschjessica)
    Basically I've already applied for Graphic Design, and I've had an offer and two rejections so far but I've realised that I've pretty much decided to do the wrong thing. I've had a bad feeling since I applied that I should have done English or Journalism but now I'm sure of it.
    I've got 400 UCAS points in relevant A level subjects and I'm just about to finish an art foundation so I don't really need to worry about grades, but I'd really appreciate any advise on what to do now? Do I have to wait for clearing to get offers now or is there any way for me to contact unis directly to try and get places? Any help would be appreciated as I'm super stressed out about this and I feel like I've completely screwed myself over
    Can you not try and use UCAS extra?

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't even considered UCAS extra, i'm looking into it now.

ReputationRep:
    Contact the university you have an offer for. I originally applied for History but I phoned them up and I was able to change course. This might just be a benefit of the Scottish university system though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    Contact the university you have an offer for. I originally applied for History but I phoned them up and I was able to change course. This might just be a benefit of the Scottish university system though.
    Naw, I did the same for Swansea.

The courses were in the same department, mind.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly my only offer right now is at Farnham, which is all art related. I'm going to have to wait for my last two unis to make decisions it seems

ReputationRep:
    Sadly my only offer right now is at Farnham, which is all art related. I'm going to have to wait for my last two unis to make decisions it seems
    You can also contact the ones that have rejected you - they didn't make an offer for Course A, doesn't mean they won't consider you for Course B.

ReputationRep:
    You can withdraw from your final two choices if you want to get started on Extra now, tho you'll also have to decline the offers you currently hold. See what's available in Extra first, before you start changing your choices on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    If you decline all your offers and withdraw any that are pending you can use ucas extra but you might struggle as your personal statement will be art related? your best bet is to wait until clearing when you are able to talk to universities over the phone and explain yourself and where many people change course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    If you decline all your offers and withdraw any that are pending you can use ucas extra but you might struggle as your personal statement will be art related? your best bet is to wait until clearing when you are able to talk to universities over the phone and explain yourself and where many people change course
    You can contact the uni and ask to send in an alternative PS, it's not a massive problem because the majority accept one.

ReputationRep:
    Right okay well if its possible for me to send of a new PS with UCAS extra then I think I'm pretty much sorted. I take it they'll be able to see my last personal statement still?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.