Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Artists that only play small gigs - experiences? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've been waiting for this artist I love to come and play in Scotland for years...she's never played a gig here yet, but tours all over England and Wales. Now that I find that she is coming here...she's only playing one place on one night in a really remote town up North!

It's so far away I'd need to stay overnight somewhere etc and I just thought it a bit strange that she's not even playing anywhere else, and definitely not anywhere central. Intimate gigs can be a good thing but this is quite annoying.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

ReputationRep:
    who is it

ReputationRep:
    Smaller venue gigs?

They're the best!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They tend to be more intimate, and the fans more dedicated.

Enjoy yourself - it'll be worth the money!

ReputationRep:
    Its so much better! Definitely worth it imo

ReputationRep:
    If they're a reletively small time artist and tend only to do 'intimate' gigs as you put it, try to book them yourself. It's not actually a very difficult thing to do, contact them and find out. You would have to find a venue, possibly a place for them to stay, and have the money to do all that, but if it's plausible for you then look into it.

It'd definetly be a good idea if you can find other fans in or around your area who also can't make it to a show as there isn't one locally. If they have a day off which happens to coincide with them travelling vaguely in your direction you might get lucky! Couldn't get much more intimate than them playing in your local, your garden, or your living room :h:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.