Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hei every1!

I just finished my bachelor in sports science and am trying to decide on my masters. now I am torn between going for a general management degree (for non business graduates) or to do a masters in sports management.

my goal is to work in the sports industry in future, but is it necassary to do sports management for that, or am I even better of with a general management degree?

also I am not sure how good the prospects are in the sports field, so getting a general degree might be a way to keep more options open in case that doesnt work out...

so far i have offers in general management (york, aston, loughborough, southampton, exeter) and in sports management (ucd, ireland).

if anyone has some feedback, ideas etc. I would be grateful for anything. especially if theres others in a similar situation.

thanks for replies!

I think general management will suffice especially when you have sports science as an undergrad degree.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.