Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stacey27)
    I'm the same, 13:30 so I'll see you there I'm also glad its an afternoon slot as we're coming from Yorkshire so we have a lovely 4 hour drive
    Cool how much prep are you doing before hand or are you just going to wing most of it? Also with the experience forms do we put ALL our experience since we first petted a lamb at the petting zoo or do we just do the most recent stuff (i.e the last two years which is what they wanted in our PS)??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin01)
    Offer from Cambridge! I'm still speechless.

Congratulations on all of your RVC interviews! Good luck everyone
    Well done!! Have you heard from RVC yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix_147)
    Well done!! Have you heard from RVC yet??
    Thanks! nope, not a peep from RVC or Nottingham yet. I'm still kinda hoping I hear from RVC soon! What about you? Where have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    ME TOOOOO!!!! what date is yours??

25th at 1.30 pm! Only trouble is i have a uni exam on the 27th, so im stressing!! (Although also THRILLED obvs!) How much prep are you doing for it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! nope, not a peep from RVC or Nottingham yet. I'm still kinda hoping I hear from RVC soon! What about you? Where have you applied to?
    Just RVC, I cant afford anywhere else and I didnt want to apply only to get an offer and then not be able to go over something as stupid as money. Couldnt deal with the disappointment! RVC is my one and only shot so heres to hoping. Are you applying to the RVC accelerated?? DOnt worry that you havent heard anything. They interview right up until March (mean I know!)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hello all, I have been invited to an RVC interview too I really can't believe it! I'm so so excited just to even be considered! Though now I'm quite scared

It's really nice to be able to come on here and tell people who understand just how exciting it is. Congratulations everyone else who got an interview, I look forward to meeting you Hooray for the grads!

Offer from Cambridge! I'm still speechless.

Congratulations on all of your RVC interviews! Good luck everyone
    Thats fantastic!! Massive congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Does bristol offer places to graduates without interviews? Cause i got an unconditional one on UCAS from them.. i want to accept, but in order to do so i have to cancel other choices first.. bristol is my first choice either way.. but i want to make sure this sort of thing happens.. so i don't end up accepting and then found out they made a mistake!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear that, but congrats on the offer.. are sure there is no way you can find the money? did you have an interview in bristol as a graduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eevee13)
    Hello all, I have been invited to an RVC interview too I really can't believe it! I'm so so excited just to even be considered! Though now I'm quite scared

It's really nice to be able to come on here and tell people who understand just how exciting it is. Congratulations everyone else who got an interview, I look forward to meeting you Hooray for the grads!
    So true! Im so excited and having to explain to my family why getting the interview at all puts you over halfway there is difficult! So nice to be able to share the excitement!!

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge offer Came through yesterday on my UCAS, still in shock.

I got my RVC rejection through last month so WELL DONE and good luck to all those with RVC interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Massive well done on the Cambridge offers and RVC interviews guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktiniatros)
    I'm really sorry to hear that, but congrats on the offer.. are sure there is no way you can find the money? did you have an interview in bristol as a graduate?
    No interview... just unconditional offer.

I don't think I could find the money. At least not that much. It would be madness.
    I have some serious thinking to do. But, I think I might end up going to the school in Slovakia instead. At least I won't have to sell my soul to afford it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix_147)
    RVC is my one and only shot so heres to hoping. Are you applying to the RVC accelerated?? DOnt worry that you havent heard anything. They interview right up until March (mean I know!)
    Yeah I've applied to RVC accelerated... that's one of the reasons it's so appealing, I'm already going to be pushing 30 by the time I'm a vet, so every year counts!

Cambridge charge normal fees too, but then there's college fees on top, which is about £5000 a year. Ouch. Luckily I can get a separate loan for them, but that will be a lot of debt when I finally graduate!

Good luck with it all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LunaBelle)
    No interview... just unconditional offer.

I don't think I could find the money. At least not that much. It would be madness.
    I have some serious thinking to do. But, I think I might end up going to the school in Slovakia instead. At least I won't have to sell my soul to afford it.
    the fees are ridiculously high.. I'm not from the uk so i dunno exactly how loans etc work but maybe some sort of loan? but tbh i have heard really good things aboutslovakia for vet and med degrees and studying abroad is pretty nice!! and all the vets I've worked with have told me that the school isn't in charge of what kind of vet you turn out to be.. its all up to you so wherever you end up will be amazing! and u ll get to do what u want

ReputationRep:
    Hey have any of the RVC interviewees sent in their experience forms yet? How much info are you providing in the brief duties section and how far back are you going with you experiences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktiniatros)
    and all the vets I've worked with have told me that the school isn't in charge of what kind of vet you turn out to be.. its all up to you so wherever you end up will be amazing! and u ll get to do what u want
    Thanks for the support. Vet Med is my dream, if it means going to the moon, I'd do it. And Slovakia is much closer than the moon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

I have applied as a graduate to Glasgow. I have not heard back from them yet.. not even to see if I got an interview... Aren't they late? :/ I know others got their interview offers in November-December..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornish_pasty)
    25th at 1.30 pm! Only trouble is i have a uni exam on the 27th, so im stressing!! (Although also THRILLED obvs!) How much prep are you doing for it?
    ooh thats the same as mine, I'll see you there; I'll be the really tall one with blonde hair, shaking like a leaf

I have an exam on the 23rd then its my 22nd birthday on the 27th (hopefully a happy one) so I've got a busy week too!!

I'm going through my personal statement and making sure I know everything about everything I've mentioned, other than that I've no idea how to prepare, I'm terrified though!! how are you preparing??

I'm going to be a massive girl now and ask...what are you planning on wearing for the interview? got to get my prorities right!

ReputationRep:
    ooh thats the same as mine, I'll see you there; I'll be the really tall one with blonde hair, shaking like a leaf
    That sounds like a pretty accurate description of me as well!

I'm not sure what I'll wear yet. Probably just a blouse and black trousers, I don't have a proper suit or anything that I could wear.

ReputationRep:
    I'll possibly be showing people around on the 25th so if you get a Stef as your campus tour guide feel free to ask me lots of q's! (and actually feel free to ask anyone else too!!)

good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.