Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix_147)
    Lol thats alright! I thought it might have been a mistake but I thought I would ask anyway. Im sorry to hear about your rejection I discovered that the general trend was that you had to get over 5 in section 2 and then sort of half marks in the other 2 sections of BMAT. I think RVC like highish grades in the second section. Thats what they told me when I got rejected last year at least
    Last time I was interviewed with 4.7 in section two but 3 years out of uni and i am clearly a bit rusty! I've got a place at Edinburgh so if nothing else comes through then at least there is somewhere!!

ReputationRep:
    Do any graduates have rejections from Bristol yet? I have seen some rejections on a facebook group but not sure re graduates and I know some grads have places with no interview... Had a place at Bristol a few years ago but didn't end up going (!)

ReputationRep:
    Bristol conditional offer so happy!!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I have an interview at Bristol!!

I got rejected from Nottingham, pretty annoyed it took so long to just be the standard letter saying they have a high number of applicants.

A question about RVC, does anyone know if they will still consider you for the 5 year if you have been told unsuccessful for the 4 year accelerated? I read something about that on their website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peggymeg)
    Hiya,
    I have an interview at Bristol!!

I got rejected from Nottingham, pretty annoyed it took so long to just be the standard letter saying they have a high number of applicants.

A question about RVC, does anyone know if they will still consider you for the 5 year if you have been told unsuccessful for the 4 year accelerated? I read something about that on their website
    No you only get considered for the 5year course if you are not quite good enough at interview (but obviously better than a rejection). You have to actually get an interview to have that shot. Have you been rejected from accelerated then?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, was rejected Phoenix, just before christmas. I thought I knew the RVC website off by heart however I failed to read the part saying I must send off my degree transcripts no idea if that had any influence but the RVC was my number one choice when I applied!

Im just trying to get feedback now from Notts, Cam and RVC

ReputationRep:
    Yes, was rejected Phoenix, just before christmas. I thought I knew the RVC website off by heart however I failed to read the part saying I must send off my degree transcripts no idea if that had any influence but the RVC was my number one choice when I applied!

Im just trying to get feedback now from Notts, Cam and RVC
    Im really sorry to hear that Have you tried contacting them to see if that was the case? It seems really harsh. Theres always next year, this is my second grad cycle so there is always hope

ReputationRep:
    Hi, well yes I have just wrote a letter and I am going to send it off asking if they can reconsider me!! I might be a bit crazy there but at least im letting them know I really want to do this. Coming on to this website and seeing people are trying again for vet med really makes me feel like I am not alone, my parents think I am silly applying again!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So sorry to hear about the Notts rejections Chin up, keep plodding forward. RVC to go!

On a side note, what did everyone put down for their RVC veterinary work experience forms, as it asks me for the name and number of the veterinary surgeon? I was always under the care of a nurse, so unsure whether to just put them down instead. I'm a bit nervous about picking random vets to write down!

In other news, my final Animal Science exam is done! I'm no longer a student! :O
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi, well yes I have just wrote a letter and I am going to send it off asking if they can reconsider me!! I might be a bit crazy there but at least im letting them know I really want to do this. Coming on to this website and seeing people are trying again for vet med really makes me feel like I am not alone, my parents think I am silly applying again!!
    I heard of one guy who went to Bristol after his 5th application! You're definitely not alone in reapplying. If you want it, don't give up. I will most certainly be trying for veterinary again if I don't get in this year! Good luck with your letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eevee13)
    So sorry to hear about the Notts rejections Chin up, keep plodding forward. RVC to go!

On a side note, what did everyone put down for their RVC veterinary work experience forms, as it asks me for the name and number of the veterinary surgeon? I was always under the care of a nurse, so unsure whether to just put them down instead. I'm a bit nervous about picking random vets to write down!

In other news, my final Animal Science exam is done! I'm no longer a student! :O

Thanks!

I was the same so put XXX head nurse, or whatever, although i found filling out my "duties" at the vets pretty difficult. Not sure if "observing operations" counts as one haha!

EEk, congrats! Well, no longer a student untill september hey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stacey27)
    I'm worried about this group thing, you don't want a know-it-all in your group that doesn't let anyone else speak, hopefully everyone will be courteous and let everyone have a go...

I've started preparing for my the interview, now my outfit is sorted but I'm just trying to know a little about a lot so hopefully I'll at least be able to have a go!

and I haven't received anything back after submitting my forms either I'd just like to know they've got there!
    Yes same!! There's always one isnt there, in this sort of thing, who just talks over people and completely dominates a situation! Mind you, i always do wonder if that sort of group response is seen as bad, because clearly all they're doing is demonstrating their lack of team skills and an ability to work well in a group.

Hopefully all us grads will be in together and can have a nice and helpful group thing! haha

EDIT:- i mean all us grads, chatting on here... obvs it will be all grads on the day haha, just re-read it and realised i sounded like a biiiit of a twonk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eevee13)

I either put the nurses name and (VN) afterwards or I put the name of the head vet/practice partners depending on who I worked more closely with
    I put all my vet placements down although some of them were done a couple of years ago. I wasn't sure whether to add the dates I was there for but it didn't ask for it so I didn't in the end...
    Congrats on finishing your animal science!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who got rejection from Notts asked for feedback?
    I got some but it wasn't too personal just a bit more about the number of applicants etc
    But they said something about they won't accept people applying 3 times, apparently if you get an interview and no offer they will then accept an application after you do an undergrad degree which I have and then I have applied for 2012 so they may not accept if I were to apply again?! Anyone else heard/read something similar?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who got rejection from Notts asked for feedback?
    I got some but it wasn't too personal just a bit more about the number of applicants etc
    But they said something about they won't accept people applying 3 times, apparently if you get an interview and no offer they will then accept an application after you do an undergrad degree which I have and then I have applied for 2012 so they may not accept if I were to apply again?! Anyone else heard/read something similar?

Yea i just got the standard feedback too, but i know it was cos they want a minimum B in chem at a levels and mine is a C haha. Even though im on a 1st in my degree.. Seems silly but who am i to argue with the powers that be

In terms of how i interpreted that, i think its 3 before a degree 3 after, if youve been interviewed before the degree you can reapply, if youve been interviewed after and rejected you cant. BUT, i wouldnt ever let that blab they say put you off, the worst they can do is reject you because of their rules, but you may still get interviews/offers despite what they say

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any information about student loans for Vet MEd? I know that when someone is a graduate everything is different, so I am trying to figure things out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haido)
    Does anyone have any information about student loans for Vet MEd? I know that when someone is a graduate everything is different, so I am trying to figure things out!
    After many a frustrating phone call to Student Finance, this is what we are entitled to:

1) ZERO tuition fee loans or grants - no exceptions (even if you didn't take out a loan for your first degree)

2) Full maintenance loan for the full 5 years

3) College fee loan (only applicable to Cambridge. Before applying for this loan, you must have been affiliated at your college for 90 days or more, without dropping out)

From my understanding, you will only be entitled to LOANS not grants, irrespective of 'independent' status etc (according to the frustrating man on the phone yesterday, who didn't have a clue what I was trying to ask him, and was insistent that nobody on a second degree was entitle to anything).

This is all we are entitled to from the government. There are Career and Professional Development Loans available from Barclays and Co-op (?) for up to £10,000. You don't need to start paying these back until after you graduate, but of course they will try and crucify you with interest rates thereafter.

I hope this helps there are a few of us in the same situation as you! You might like to ask some of last year's graduate entrants how they are funding the second degree too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin01)
    After many a frustrating phone call to Student Finance, this is what we are entitled to:

1) ZERO tuition fee loans or grants - no exceptions (even if you didn't take out a loan for your first degree)

2) Full maintenance loan for the full 5 years

3) College fee loan (only applicable to Cambridge. Before applying for this loan, you must have been affiliated at your college for 90 days or more, without dropping out)

From my understanding, you will only be entitled to LOANS not grants, irrespective of 'independent' status etc (according to the frustrating man on the phone yesterday, who didn't have a clue what I was trying to ask him, and was insistent that nobody on a second degree was entitle to anything).

This is all we are entitled to from the government. There are Career and Professional Development Loans available from Barclays and Co-op (?) for up to £10,000. You don't need to start paying these back until after you graduate, but of course they will try and crucify you with interest rates thereafter.

I hope this helps there are a few of us in the same situation as you! You might like to ask some of last year's graduate entrants how they are funding the second degree too
    Thanks for replying! This is frustrating! I will probably be going to Edinburgh Vet Med, so I will have to check and see what the case is there. I hope I will able to meet some students there on the 25th and ask how they are funding their studies. Ugh! Stressing part this is.

ReputationRep:
    OFFER FROM EDINBURGH!!!!! (but for the 5-year course - nevermind!!)

Its certainly taken the pressure off the RVC interview, RVC is still the fave though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stacey27)
    OFFER FROM EDINBURGH!!!!! (but for the 5-year course - nevermind!!)

Its certainly taken the pressure off the RVC interview, RVC is still the fave though...
    Congrats!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.