Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by peggymeg)
    Hello,

Things do not seem to be going well for me, I have been looking at the converstations and I am confused, I registered for BMAT with a college and I have had confirmation that my payment has been received and a letter telling me the time and date but no registration number??!! Please can any mature/gruaduate applicants tell me where you got your BMAT number?

Thanks
    Hiya! ofssinfoxes wrote in this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...11614&page=110 that they needed to call the exam office to obtain their BMAT number. As I also don't have a BMAT number (argh!) so I will be calling the office as well I think, and reminding the school I registered with that I am still doing the exam! As I haven't heard from them to even tell me the time and date (which luckily I already know).

Hope this helps!
    Emma

Edit: Quick update, I called them and they told me to speak with the centre that I had registered with, so I have sent my centre an email instead. So I suggest poking the college that you registered with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eevee13)
    Hiya! ofssinfoxes wrote in this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...11614&page=110 that they needed to call the exam office to obtain their BMAT number. As I also don't have a BMAT number (argh!) so I will be calling the office as well I think, and reminding the school I registered with that I am still doing the exam! As I haven't heard from them to even tell me the time and date (which luckily I already know).

Hope this helps!
    Emma

Edit: Quick update, I called them and they told me to speak with the centre that I had registered with, so I have sent my centre an email instead. So I suggest poking the college that you registered with

Hi, thanks I rang the cetnre and the person I spoke to said they would email me but they never did, I have told Cambridge and they just said to email the college my BMAT number as soon as I have done the exam?!! Or Im going to contact the centre again

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find their BMAT results?
    And how are interviews going?

Nervous as RVC should be giving out interviews/rejections soon
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    thought RVC left graduates hanging until well after christmas?

ReputationRep:
    oh i hope not, i hate the waiting. Bmat didnt go to well but i knew it wouldnt anyways, its been soo long since gcse and As. i got 3.1, 3.9 and 3.5A. what did u all get?

ReputationRep:
    Why do people feel the need to leave us potential vets hanging so long!? It drives me crazy, and I should definitely be doing uni work rather than stalking the postman At least Nottingham's postcard said we should know in December if we are going to be interviewed or not, even if we have to wait for ages for the actual interview!

I have a Cambs interview, which I am utterly terrified about. All I have heard is horror stories! Does anybody know if Cambridge saw our BMAT results before we got them? Because I'm pretty sure they would have wanted higher science scores (especially from a science graduate, oops).

How are things going for everyone else? Hopefully we'll all get lots of interviews and blow them away with our wisdom

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when graduates hear from Edinburgh? It's driving me mad not knowing lol!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Erin01)
    Why do people feel the need to leave us potential vets hanging so long!? It drives me crazy, and I should definitely be doing uni work rather than stalking the postman At least Nottingham's postcard said we should know in December if we are going to be interviewed or not, even if we have to wait for ages for the actual interview!

I have a Cambs interview, which I am utterly terrified about. All I have heard is horror stories! Does anybody know if Cambridge saw our BMAT results before we got them? Because I'm pretty sure they would have wanted higher science scores (especially from a science graduate, oops).

How are things going for everyone else? Hopefully we'll all get lots of interviews and blow them away with our wisdom
    Yes, this! I had better leave the poor postie alone for a bit though if it's likely to be quiet until after Christmas, and throw myself into assignments instead.

(Original post by Tali_91)
    How did everyone find their BMAT results?
    And how are interviews going?

Nervous as RVC should be giving out interviews/rejections soon
    I am praying for an RVC interview. I am happy with my BMAT results, especially as I thought it went really badly and had resigned myself to the fact I had no chance, but now I'm really worried that my A levels will let me down and it will all be a waste . But, I'm just going to focus on my final term now and get my work done, whatever happens happens! There is nothing more I can do.

How about you guys? I think I read on the other thread you have Cambridge interviews? Scary, but congratulations! What were your degrees in?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this! I had better leave the poor postie alone for a bit though if it's likely to be quiet until after Christmas, and throw myself into assignments instead.

I am praying for an RVC interview. I am happy with my BMAT results, especially as I thought it went really badly and had resigned myself to the fact I had no chance, but now I'm really worried that my A levels will let me down and it will all be a waste . But, I'm just going to focus on my final term now and get my work done, whatever happens happens! There is nothing more I can do.

How about you guys? I think I read on the other thread you have Cambridge interviews? Scary, but congratulations! What were your degrees in?
    I really want an RVC interview as well... we should be hearing the first batch of interviews/rejections soon I think. Looking at the thread from last year they heard about a week after BMAT results came out. Scary!

Yeh I have a Cambridge interview, I'm absolutely terrified! I'm currently in my final year of studying biology What about you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tali_91)
    I really want an RVC interview as well... we should be hearing the first batch of interviews/rejections soon I think. Looking at the thread from last year they heard about a week after BMAT results came out. Scary!

Yeh I have a Cambridge interview, I'm absolutely terrified! I'm currently in my final year of studying biology What about you?
    Oooh, well good luck for RVC and Cambridge, I'm sure you will be great!

I'm studying animal science, I finish in a few weeks time! I was initially studying biology but I transferred after the first term. I am a scientist at heart and enjoyed biology, but I knew I wanted to be 'sciency' with animals specifically, so changing to animal science seemed like the most sensible thing to do. No plants to sudy!

ReputationRep:
    Ah i so didn't think about this! Does it make a difference if we registered to the BMAT with our new UCAS numbers and now it's reverted to the old?

Was pretty pleased with mine in the end, considering i haven't done the stuff for years and years now!! 4.7, 4.6, 5A

(hoping the essay counts for a lot haha)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i've got an RVC interview!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by schizopear)
    i've got an RVC interview!
    Congratulations! You must be so excited! Ooooh good luck it's quite soon isn't it.

Good luck to the other grads waiting too, I am sure something will come along soon. schizopear, you are applying to the 5 year course rather than the 4 year, if I'm right? Perhaps that is the reason us Accelerated Vet Med grads haven't heard anything yet keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Congratulations! You must be so excited! Ooooh good luck it's quite soon isn't it.

Good luck to the other grads waiting too, I am sure something will come along soon. schizopear, you are applying to the 5 year course rather than the 4 year, if I'm right? Perhaps that is the reason us Accelerated Vet Med grads haven't heard anything yet keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!
    thank you - i am very excited!

yes i'm applying for the five year course so no need to panic! i think graduates applying for the four year course were interviewed later on last year so i'm sure you'll all hear soon.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Heya, how is everyone doing? Interviews are coming up shortly for Cambridge are they not? Good luck!

I'm scared of my post now. I've gone from stalking the post man, to making other people open my post so I don't have to look. I got a big A4 envelope yesterday and got my boyfriend to open it, only to find it was some lecture notes from a rabbit conference I went to I've also handed in my last ever assignment for Animal Science! Eek!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just stumbled across this thread!

I'm Stacey, I'm 21 and currently in the final year of an Animal Science BSc with honours in companion animal studies degree at Newcastle University.

I have applied to RVC (the fav), Edinbugh, Liverpool and Nottingham.

BMAT Scores were: 5.5, 5.2, 3C so about average.

I've had a rejection from Nottingham already, but I wasn't surprised as my A-level grades for bio and chem were under the B needed due to a horrible time at college!

Has anybody else had an email from Liverpool saying that your academic qualifications have sufficed, so you have been moved on to the second stage which is work experience? and then had a WE questionarie to fill out? I sent mine back about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    I just recieved mine today! the total doesnt seem to be adding up right though?? how many weeks you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicoleRH)
    I just recieved mine today! the total doesnt seem to be adding up right though?? how many weeks you have?
    Mine added up to 10 weeks exactly, which is just the minimum for Liverpool I think, fingers crossed that will be OK though! how many have you done?

It took me a while to figure out the whole 1 = a 5 day week and 0.2 = a day scenario, but I think I was just so worried about filling something in wrong I was making myself confused

ReputationRep:
    i ended up with something like 32 weeks, ive been applying for 3 years though and alot of it was horses. have you heard from anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is alot, I've found it really difficult doing WE whilst at uni in Newcastle as I don't have a car at the minute.

No, I really want to hear from RVC but I hear they take a while, have you heard from anywhere else?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.