The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bitewing
Hi All,

anyone know if students in further education (university) still get free eye tests?

They dont. They are left to go blind.
Reply 2
Bitewing
Hi All,

anyone know if students in further education (university) still get free eye tests?

hi all,
anyone care if students get free eye tests?
Reply 3
FCUKIN_LUV
hi all,

Obviously the person who started the thread.
Bitewing
Hi All,

yes if your 18. no otherwise.

love Katy ***
Reply 5
FCUKIN_LUV
hi all,

Whats your problem?
Reply 6
No, I don't think so. But if you're unemployed in the holidays and claiming Job Seeker's Allowance, you should be able to get a free eye test (and maybe even free glasses, or money off, but correct me if I'm wrong...).
Reply 7
Yes they do!!!!
If you're 18 yes, if you're over 18 and on a low income (like most students) and fill out an HC11 form (this also gets you free prescriptions etc etc etc)
Reply 9
Pencil Queen
If you're 18 yes, if you're over 18 and on a low income (like most students) and fill out an HC11 form (this also gets you free prescriptions etc etc etc)

Thanks for your advice. :smile:
Reply 10
Hmmm... it would seem that we just have to pay as normal, - I've just been.
Reply 11
Bitewing
Hmmm... it would seem that we just have to pay as normal, - I've just been.

Hahaha did they do that thing where they turn the lights off and get that torch thing and look in your eye, when they do that I just sit there laughing - oh the fun! :smile: hehehe
Reply 12
me!
Hahaha did they do that thing where they turn the lights off and get that torch thing and look in your eye, when they do that I just sit there laughing - oh the fun! :smile: hehehe

Haven't had the eye test yet, - just went to get the appointment, I'm going again later on. I'm not sure that I'll find the shining of the torch light as amusing as you did!
Reply 13
Bitewing
Haven't had the eye test yet, - just went to get the appointment, I'm going again later on. I'm not sure that I'll find the shining of the torch light as amusing as you did!

No really it's great, except when the optician threatens to put a bucket on your head...
Reply 14
me!
No really it's great, except when the optician threatens to put a bucket on your head...

lol, a bucket? - I'll have to watch out for that then!
Reply 15
Bitewing
lol, a bucket? - I'll have to watch out for that then!

Make strange ghost sounds and see how far it gets you before she takes it off your head.
yeah the opticians is a blast...im really short sighted so i memorised the big letter A at the top of the letter chart (you know the one that has letters on each line and they get smaller as you reach the bottom). Yeah i memorise it cos i cant even read the big letter! God im so blind....everythings a blur. but yeah the opticians is great fun!!
Reply 17
Sire
Make strange ghost sounds and see how far it gets you before she takes it off your head.

haha... seriously that's a great idea!
Reply 18
Sire

I might pass on that! Don't want to upset the optician seeing as I'm paying good money for the test! Never knew people had soo much fun when they go to the opticians.
Where are you going for your test btw? specsavers is cheapest (in my area) at only £17.50 for the test, vision express charge £20.

Latest

Trending

Trending