This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
I might pass on that! Don't want to upset the optician seeing as I'm paying good money for the test! Never knew people had soo much fun when they go to the opticians.
Oh hell yes. My optomertrist (sp) loved me. I pointed at a letter on a chart he asked me to read and claimed that it was part of the greek alphabet etc. Poor bugger, he was actually in stitches once lol
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
I might pass on that! Don't want to upset the optician seeing as I'm paying good money for the test! Never knew people had soo much fun when they go to the opticians.
I got a great idea when they put these black rimmed glasses on you to try out lenses and you say "yeah better" or "no it's blurry" look in the mirror and it's always great for a laugh! I think I need to get out more...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Oh hell yes. My optomertrist (sp) loved me. I pointed at a letter on a chart he asked me to read and claimed that it was part of the greek alphabet etc. Poor bugger, he was actually in stitches once lol
You mean you can actually make out the letters on the chart?

:speccy:
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I managed not to laugh! - even when they did spend ages flashing lights in my eyes then expecting me to read things straight after.

Pencil Queen - you were right about the free eye tests and all, - the first woman I spoke to there obviously didn't know what she was talking about!
love_4_ducks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
under 19s can still get free eye yests buh that s it then u hv to pay
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wherre can you get the form to claim free stuff once you're over 18. Everyone keeps telling me to get it but I don't know where to pick one up. (i've got about 6 months to go before i need to worry but i've been told the forms can take forever to get back)
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pencil queen is right about the HC11 its worth filling in for prescritions too.
Also one good reason to go to uni in Wales free prescriptions for under 25s not sure if they do anything for eyetests tho.

Also look out for offers on leafets handed to you at uni. I just had one which gives you a free eyetest.
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
wherre can you get the form to claim free stuff once you're over 18. Everyone keeps telling me to get it but I don't know where to pick one up. (i've got about 6 months to go before i need to worry but i've been told the forms can take forever to get back)
You can probably go into the opticians or chemists and just ask for one.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
http://www.doh.gov.uk/nhscharges/hc1.htm

Benefit offices, NHS hospitals and some practitioners or ring the Health Literature line on 0800 555 777 to get an HC1 and pre-paid return envelope.

(HC11 is the form that tells you what you might be entitled to HC1 is the application form for the actual help :rolleyes: )
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads