Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got BBC at a-level and will be graduating from university of Kent in BSc Financial Mathematics. I am predicted to get a 2:1.

I did summer placement at an accountancy firm (Wilkins Kennedy) in my 2nd year and have an offer for a graduate job from them.

I would like to get into some level of investment banking, preferably a quantitative role but haven't a clue on where to start to build my profile so that I'm employable.

ReputationRep:
    It depends, uni could be better to be totally honest...try a masters course at LSE/Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL/King's etc

What is your graduate role at the firm? Corporate finance? accountancy?

Try to get your ACA qualification whilst you're there as it will help give you a solid justification of your quantitative skills

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be a Quant, would you think about doing a PHD at a high ranked uni? It would take a few years, but would be worth it in the end. If you got a 2.1, you should be capable of gaining a PHD

ReputationRep:
    Full time Accounting --> ACA --> MBA --> Banking as an Associate.

Bb

ReputationRep:
    Higher IQ and a time machine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.poole)
    I got BBC at a-level and will be graduating from university of Kent in BSc Financial Mathematics. I am predicted to get a 2:1.

I did summer placement at an accountancy firm (Wilkins Kennedy) in my 2nd year and have an offer for a graduate job from them.

I would like to get into some level of investment banking, preferably a quantitative role but haven't a clue on where to start to build my profile so that I'm employable.
    If you want to be quantitative, then you should look at a Market-orientated career. Maybe something like Trading or Quant. For the latter a PhD would be a good idea but at a better University.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.