Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know most guys don't like being called cute because they see it as being iun the dreaded friend zone

but if a guy calls a girl cute is it the same thing? or is it a good thing to be cute as a girl?

what does it mean?!

ReputationRep:
    cute can be used as;

aww you're so cute (but I wouldn't bone you)
    you're cute (cos cute replaces ugly)
    you're cute :sexface: (I want to violate your innocence)

that has confused me even more

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing imo.

Upload a pic and i'll let u know my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I loathe being called "cute". I think it's because I'm small, I know that when people call me cute it's like an "aww, you're so small" cute rather than a "you're really attractive" cute. I find it quite patronising!

But I think there are lots of ways to interpret it. Some use it to say that you're physically attractive, others say it because they'd like to pinch your cheeks. Depends on the person, really.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I love being called 'cute'

I prefer 'beautiful' though.

But when someone say 'you are cute' , it means like 'i adore you' ...

I dont think there is anything wrong with calling a guy or a girl cute tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I called a girl cute its because I think shes attractive but she's also small/petit, but that just me.

I get called it a bit but I think its because i'm a small guy, but who knows :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I call my boyfriend cute all the time, because he is. Kinda pick-up-and-squeeze cute, but also hot cute. I hope he's not offended by it, I wasn't aware that it indicated friendzoning or whatever :')

ReputationRep:
    I get called cute often because of my size, I'm small. Are you short?
    Anyway just take it as a compliment, although it can be quite patronising sometimes.

I was wondering this too. It sounds like a typical pointless H&R problem, I know, but a guy I know and have a bit of a thing for told me I was 'adorable', so I don't know what he means by that.
    The thing with the word cute is it can mean so many different things!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I was wondering this too. It sounds like a typical pointless H&R problem, I know, but a guy I know and have a bit of a thing for told me I was 'adorable', so I don't know what he means by that.
    The thing with the word cute is it can mean so many different things!
    For some reason it says I'm the thread starter, I'm not. Just the anon function messing up!

ReputationRep:
    I use "cute" as a positive word.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been called cute :sad:
    Probably because I'm pretty tall...
    I imagine it's a good thing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know most guys don't like being called cute because they see it as being iun the dreaded friend zone

but if a guy calls a girl cute is it the same thing? or is it a good thing to be cute as a girl?

what does it mean?!
    Its a good thing. Go on chat and you will see why

ReputationRep:
    That's cute = good
    You're cute = Bad

That's for boys though, but imp when I call a girl cute it just means she's annoying and won't leave me alone but I can't say that coz she's cute lol

ReputationRep:
    It probably depends on the circumstances. The bloke I'm seeing says that I'm adorably cute because my cheeks go hot and I get coy when he compliments me. I honestly don't get any other way I could be described as cute. I'm really tall and built! Mind you - He's taller.

Meh. People have their won reasons for everything.

Yeah I guess it is circumstance based but just wanted to know the general use and a little insight into the male mind haha.

I don't mind being called cute myself, if it's from the right person...

as for height im average!

ReputationRep:
    if call a girl cute i mean it as kinda girlfriend matrial, kinda like beautiful, but that might be just me

ReputationRep:
    i think cute is cute. i like it but only if i know i'm acting cute yanno?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.