Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/_stud.../meal_deal.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panicbutton)
    Lucky, I got a single study :P what subject you doing?
    Civil and environmental engineering you?

ReputationRep:
    i got a single study room and im studying chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Got my BGP single study room secured by deposit..

Roll on september

ReputationRep:
    JayAyy
    If you guys have any questions about Broadgate, feel free to ask me
    I'm struggling to decide between Broadgate and Raleigh Park. I'm going to study maths, so will be on the east side of the campus, so kind of in between Broadgate and Raleigh. I've heard more things about Broadgate, but that might be because it's a bigger site, although I like the idea of being closer to the city if at Raleigh (but am worried about UP/Jubilee ratio there).
    So just wandering if you can sell one of them to me/ rule one out. (would make my decision alot easier, haha)
    Thank you in advance. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calum35)
    JayAyy

I'm struggling to decide between Broadgate and Raleigh Park. I'm going to study maths, so will be on the east side of the campus, so kind of in between Broadgate and Raleigh. I've heard more things about Broadgate, but that might be because it's a bigger site, although I like the idea of being closer to the city if at Raleigh (but am worried about UP/Jubilee ratio there).
    So just wandering if you can sell one of them to me/ rule one out. (would make my decision alot easier, haha)
    Thank you in advance. x
    I have a close friend who lives in Raleigh and he personally dislikes it because it does not have the same atmosphere as Broadgate does. Maybe it's personal opinion, but I would still pick Broadgate over Raleigh any day :yep:

Also, the walk from Broadgate to the Maths & Physics Building is 15 minutes MAXIMUM, so it isn't too bad really. Broadgate is also better because it is right next to Beeston, which pretty much has everything you need :p:

ReputationRep:
    Broadgate is also better because it is right next to Beeston, which pretty much has everything you need
    But isn't Raleigh right next to Lenton?
    PS. Thanx alot, I think BGP's going to be my 1st choice accom now, better get it done quick before they run out of rooms, haha.
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for law and i've got the studio room

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday I got the email from UPP and I have my offer of Broadgate. Bonzer. It doesn't specify which type of room it is, so is it safe to assume I've got the 'normal' study flat?
    I will confess that I haven't actually, er, visited any of the accommodation so it was a bit of a gamble. I can't seem to find any source that comprehensively satisfies my curiosity of what the kitchens are like. If anyone knows of a useful link that would great.

Maths, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simon16)
    So yesterday I got the email from UPP and I have my offer of Broadgate. Bonzer. It doesn't specify which type of room it is, so is it safe to assume I've got the 'normal' study flat?
    I will confess that I haven't actually, er, visited any of the accommodation so it was a bit of a gamble. I can't seem to find any source that comprehensively satisfies my curiosity of what the kitchens are like. If anyone knows of a useful link that would great.

Maths, by the way.
    No, ignore me; I does indeed say 'Single Bedroom.' I am a tit.

ReputationRep:

Maths, by the way.
    I'm currently staying in a single study block so I'll help you out a bit

In blocks where there are 5 people sharing 2 bathrooms, the kitchens are smaller than blocks which have 7 people to 2 toilets (and it is also smaller than kitchens in ensuite blocks ). However, I haven't had significant problems with this and it makes everyone seem closer to each other :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    I'm currently staying in a single study block so I'll help you out a bit

In blocks where there are 5 people sharing 2 bathrooms, the kitchens are smaller than blocks which have 7 people to 2 toilets (and it is also smaller than kitchens in ensuite blocks ). However, I haven't had significant problems with this and it makes everyone seem closer to each other :yep:
    Ace, thank you. How big roughly are they? They're a kitchen/diner sort of thing? I ought to have looked into this more, but from my friends who are already there, they just gushed praise about it and there wasn't a bad word to be said. I trust their judgement!

ReputationRep:
    Ace, thank you. How big roughly are they? They're a kitchen/diner sort of thing? I ought to have looked into this more, but from my friends who are already there, they just gushed praise about it and there wasn't a bad word to be said. I trust their judgement!
    I'm not good with describing sizes of rooms tbh :p:
    But the bigger kitchens are really worth something to give praise about :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    I applied for Neuroscience and got a Large ensuite at BGP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bryyonyy)
    Im applying for law, and i got a studio room x)
    I have been offered a studio too! I am so glad i am not the only person who has opted for a studio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peacock_92)
    i got a single study room and im studying chemistry
    Oh you poor sod!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakamo)
    I have been offered a studio too! I am so glad i am not the only person who has opted for a studio
    haha yay I was scared I would be the only one too, I heard they were a little anti-social but I've seen a few people on here with them now (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bryyonyy)
    haha yay I was scared I would be the only one too, I heard they were a little anti-social but I've seen a few people on here with them now (:
    Yeah i felt like they might be anti-social because there's no living area but I only picked it because i liked the idea of having my own living space. It's reassuring now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakamo)
    Yeah i felt like they might be anti-social because there's no living area but I only picked it because i liked the idea of having my own living space. It's reassuring now
    Well I saw what the shared kitchens were like at my boyfs uni :| definitely a good choice for me (: I went to BGP at the open day and a girl was saying how they adopted someone from a studio into their ensuite flat to make them more included in the first week haha

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.