Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between a BA in Broadcast Journalism at Trent and BA Radio at Bournemouth. Any advice/words of warning?

ReputationRep:
    ok from what i have heard Bournemouth has great night life and has a lot of beaches i have been to most of them and they are great i am going to be applying for 2012 entry and it will defo be my 1st choice if you are interested in the tables http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...-librarianship Bournemouth is in the top ten for media and communications so seems like a great choice to me

p.s.
    everyone who i have spoken to who went to Bournemouth have told me they absolutely loved it

ReputationRep:
    Word of warning with Bournemouth (assuming you mean Bournemouth Uni and not AUCB) - check where your course is situated. My brother goes there currently and his course is on campus (as you would expect), but one of his housemates has to go to the local college for his and it's generally very shoddily run (the course is based around college hours, they have break and lunch - it all sounds very school-ish), even though the guy was shown round the main uni at the open day and told that the course would be held there. From what I've gathered this tends to happen with the more arts-based/media related courses (this guy does something to do with CGI, another does screenwriting), so you could try and find someone on here, see what they say?

But it is very close to the beach (say, a 30 minute walk & regular buses), if that's your thing

e: I had another thought - one of the areas adjacent to the uni that has a number of Unilet houses is Boscombe, and it's a ****ty area. One of my brother's housemates originally lived there, but transferred because prostitues and drugdealers used to hang around near her house... (sorry that both my points are negative! )

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation (choosing between Bournemouth and Nottingham Trent). Only difference is, I am interested in studying a Sport degree. If you could give me some help... I would appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    what uni did you decide to go to in the end?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.