Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've just been offered an interview for a PGCE course and they need my certificate of results for English and Maths, a statement of results isn't accepted.

    I failed my Maths the first time round, so that is recorded on the certificate as a U.
    When I re-took it, I'm not sure if I ever got the certificate or if I have lost it.
    I'm not sure what the awarding body was, but most of them only issue a statement of results.
    Is there any way to get another certificate issued, or am I doomed to failure?

    Contact the school where you did your re-sit - if you never picked up the certificate, they may have it, or will at least be able to look at their records to tell you what awarding body to contact.

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.