Turn on thread page Beta

DIET ISSUES: Should I see a doctor? watch

OK, here's my profile:
    18, female.

-I suffer from binge eating episodes, usually only once a week at the most which allows me to maintain a healthy weight (as I slightly undereat the rest of the week, unintentionally usually).

-I recently went to the doctors because I thought I might have a hormonal imbalance because I get sweaty palms& facial hair has got worse lately (perhaps unrelated). They did all sorts of blood tests but it came out normal pretty much.

-Every time I have had a blood pressure test I get low blood pressure. I have a family history of this, my grandads blood was too thick which they eventually think killed him.

-When I eat a little too much dairy/dairy products it seems to effect me badly. I just get wind usually. but I just had a big binge (2000cal) and i got diarrhea & SEVERE stomach pains, i had to hunch over then lie on the ground.

-When I eat a little too much dairy/dairy products it seems to effect me badly. I just get wind usually, atleast a tiny bit if I have milk /w bran flakes at breakfast. I just had a big binge (2000cal) which included lots of chocolate and i got wind, diarrhea & SEVERE stomach pains, i had to hunch over then lie on the ground.

All these issues are pretty embarrassing, so I don't want to go to the doctor AGAIN just to find out i'm being a hypochondriac.

sorry forgot to mention, I also have very infrequent and VERY heavy periods

ReputationRep:
    noooo go to the doctors but this time be direct it is about your eating habbit. of course your going to feel bad after binging especially after not eating much for a week.
    but yeah definatly go the doctor, after all its there job to solve the curious world of the human body x

also that will be because your not eting much, i.e. not getting the right nutrients so the hormones cant develop properly and stuff. x

ReputationRep:
    I suggest that if you eat lots of dairy in a binge and then have extreme wind and diarrhoea, that you probably should find something else to binge on thats not dairy. your probably lactose intolerant. you can get lactose free milk now.

ReputationRep:

Meet her.

(Original post by Harry.C)

Meet her.
    Haha, I see where your coming from, but I usually eat ultra healthy, lots of fresh fruit,veg, fish, wholegrain, meat& I try make sure I get my calcium.

usually no less than 1200 cal/day

binges usually consist of around 800-1000 cal, high sugar/artifical sweetners but not usually really bad stuff like chocolate. sometimes just cereals as we don't get much junk food. hence :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Probably..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.