Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    O.M.G

AMG and RS have probably gone back to sharting in their pants all over again.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats the looks of the BMW M3 E92 Sedan, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that looks good!

The old BMW M5 is already down to £25k for a 2007 with about 50k on the clock, so this new one will push it down even further. Cannot wait, 5ltr V10 and 507bhp, NICE!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    Brabus beats all!

All they need to do to sell that car is let people hear the twin turbo V8 in it. Instead it's just driving slowly in circles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPthreefifthteen)
    Brabus beats all!

Looks like the Nissan with all the velvet. The GTS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    Looks like the Nissan with all the velvet. The GTS?
    R35 GTR?

Would definitely seriously consider one of these over the new M5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    R35 GTR?

Would definitely seriously consider one of these over the new M5!
    You acquainted with the owner of this car?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    You acquainted with the owner of this car?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    The M5 is the original and best Super Saloon. The E39 is my fav and the E60 (the current one) is great too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Nope.
    Oh I thought we have a friend in common in Kuala Lumpur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Oh I thought we have a friend in common in Kuala Lumpur.
    Ah afraid not, I am friends with a few people from the S2ki forum who have moved to the GTR but not that particular car.

They look amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Ah afraid not, I am friends with a few people from the S2ki forum who have moved to the GTR but not that particular car.

They look amazing!
    It's an amazing car indeed..... highly addictive to drive as well. A very good everyday car as well for what it is.

But in a way it's not that fun a car to drive, computer comes in and corrects rather aggressively.

Almost bought one myself, but the deal fell through... now don't have the cash for it.... all will go into the 2 Jags

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    It's an amazing car indeed..... highly addictive to drive as well. A very good everyday car as well for what it is.

But in a way it's not that fun a car to drive, computer comes in and corrects rather aggressively.

Almost bought one myself, but the deal fell through... now don't have the cash for it.... all will go into the 2 Jags
    haha, good good, much more worthy cause!

First thing I would do in a car like that is turn off all those annoying FREDs! (Other than ABS!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPthreefifthteen)
    Brabus beats all!

Shame it cant go round a bend without losing control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0wm4n)
    Shame it cant go round a bend without losing control.
    Why do you say that?

You do realise that car is super rare, costs over $500,000 and there are only about 10 in the world?

Completely ridiculous to compare it to the M5 to be honest but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Why do you say that?

You do realise that car is super rare, costs over $500,000 and there are only about 10 in the world?

Completely ridiculous to compare it to the M5 to be honest but...
    I see your point but, if we compare them M5 to the Brabus it does lack steering but makes up for it in acceleration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0wm4n)
    I see your point but, if we compare them M5 to the Brabus it does lack steering but makes up for it in acceleration.
    But no one knows, this Brabus has never been tested or reviewed.

They are completely different cars!

This Brabus is a 230mph rocket and at nigh on $800k I imagine the handling is pretty good too. Certainly better than the $80k M5!

(Original post by gbduo)
    But no one knows, this Brabus has never been tested or reviewed.

They are completely different cars!

This Brabus is a 230mph rocket and at nigh on $800k I imagine the handling is pretty good too. Certainly better than the $80k M5!
    I think you might be getting your hopes up a bit. Brabus' aren't known for their handling. In fact they're more known for not being able to go anywhere because the traction control can't keep up with the immense torque their cars produce.

Remember the M5 is built to be the way it is. Brabus have to use an existing shell and while they may replace just about every component, it has to fit into the existing chassis and body so it'll never be as great around a track as an M5, which is built for purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I think you might be getting your hopes up a bit. Brabus' aren't known for their handling. In fact they're more known for not being able to go anywhere because the traction control can't keep up with the immense torque their cars produce.

Remember the M5 is built to be the way it is. Brabus have to use an existing shell and while they may replace just about every component, it has to fit into the existing chassis and body so it'll never be as great around a track as an M5, which is built for purpose.
    The car looks like this side on

I would normally agree with you, but this is a VERY special Brabus. The M5 will not be able to compete on any level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.