Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by gbduo)
    The car looks like this side on

[IMG]http://www.tuningnews.net/wallpaper/1024x768/brabus-e-v12-one-of-ten-01.jpg[/IMG*]

I would normally agree with you, but this is a VERY special Brabus. The M5 will not be able to compete on any level.
    Only one way to find out. You can't say that because it costs 10 times as much it will handle better. There are loads of ways to counteract that argument but I would hope common sense can tell you that price doesn't get you performance.

ReputationRep:
    omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Only one way to find out. You can't say that because it costs 10 times as much it will handle better. There are loads of ways to counteract that argument but I would hope common sense can tell you that price doesn't get you performance.
    And you can't say it doesn't!

That is the problem, this Brabus has never been tested. There are only 10 in the world. So no one knows what the handling is like, but you would hope something that cost 10x more would be 10x better!

Probably not the case as the M5 is very very good but you can build a very good car for $800k! Much more than with $80k!

ReputationRep:
    i have to admit, i am not so keen on this new 5 series' styling.... and for an M, i reckon it still looks a little.....too soft? :s

at least the old one looked menacing/purposeful........however i must confess, i do not know of too many others that liked the old 5's styling.....

(Original post by gbduo)
    And you can't say it doesn't!

That is the problem, this Brabus has never been tested. There are only 10 in the world. So no one knows what the handling is like, but you would hope something that cost 10x more would be 10x better!

Probably not the case as the M5 is very very good but you can build a very good car for $800k! Much more than with $80k!
    You're completely forgetting the price people pay for exclusivity. Brabus are in the business to make money, so they need to charge a lot to make a profit from 10 cars, which they can get away with if it means the owner will walk away with something unique. The car itself is worth a fraction of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Why do you say that?

You do realise that car is super rare, costs over $500,000 and there are only about 10 in the world?

Completely ridiculous to compare it to the M5 to be honest but...
    I wasn't really trying to compare it to an M5, I was really trying to compare the tuners really, I only put that picture because it's my favorite Brabus. By the way I completely agree with you, you can't really criticize it's performance without a review or a comparison, although it does look stunning.

Personally I would pick the E63 or CL63 over the current M5, I am awaiting a review and a comparison for this new model. I will be looking forward to the new M6, I hope is not as much of a disappointment as the last one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You're completely forgetting the price people pay for exclusivity. Brabus are in the business to make money, so they need to charge a lot to make a profit from 10 cars, which they can get away with if it means the owner will walk away with something unique. The car itself is worth a fraction of that.
    Well the M5 is hardly the bargain of the century, nor are they common. Albeit I guess they are like a Bini in comparison to a car where only 10 were made, haha!

I also don't think people would pay $800k for a car that doesn't do corners as well as a paupers M5. ok ok exclusivity and being ultra rare, but Brabus are a performance brand, they would at least have to make it on par with the M5!

Don't get me wrong, I would still have the M5, I am looking into getting one of the older ones as I said before, but this Brabus is in a whole new league of cars.

ReputationRep:
    Never really been a fan of the M5 myself.... not been a fan of fast saloons... preferred fast coupes instead.

Saloons, maybe I must be getting old, but I like my saloons to be big, comfy and quiet Even better if I'm driven in it

ReputationRep:
    It's BMW's first turbo'd M car, somewhat controversially. Still, it's the only way they can try lower emissions. Same engine will go into the next M6.

I'd still take an XFR over an M5, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    The BMW M3 Is a car i would gladly have sexual intercourse with. No Joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    It's BMW's first turbo'd M car, somewhat controversially. Still, it's the only way they can try lower emissions. Same engine will go into the next M6.

I'd still take an XFR over an M5, tbh
    for the performance or styling or?

(Original post by Jen_App)
    The BMW M3 Is a car i would gladly have sexual intercourse with. No Joke.
    Yep. M3 Coupe in arctic white :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Never really been a fan of the M5 myself.... not been a fan of fast saloons... preferred fast coupes instead.

Saloons, maybe I must be getting old, but I like my saloons to be big, comfy and quiet Even better if I'm driven in it
    I just love the sleeper element of the M5, it can be a big, comfy quiet saloon...but then you hit the M button and it is a all out, balls out beast. 507bhp through the rear wheels, a screaming V10 and you are gone.

It just appeals to me so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    for the performance or styling or?
    I prefer the looks of the Jag, and the power delivery of a supercharger over a turbo, though turbo engines are becoming better and better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    I just love the sleeper element of the M5, it can be a big, comfy quiet saloon...but then you hit the M button and it is a all out, balls out beast. 507bhp through the rear wheels, a screaming V10 and you are gone.

It just appeals to me so much!
    I like fast cars, but I prefer my fast cars to be coupes or exotic supercars instead. Would love to have an Aston Martin One-77, but it's beyond my grasps for now.

As for sedans, if I were to have one at the pricing the M5 goes for, I'd probably ask for a nice Jaguar XJ. Much rather be driven in comfort... preferably seated behind The M5 is unlikely to be comfortable, and the F10 still can't beat the comfort of an E-Class Benz.

For my self drives.....personally much rather have my Disco 4.. though if I want a really fast car, I'd probably look into a Ferrari or possibly a Porsche. But for a sports car, I'd probably wait for the day I can have that One-77.

I prefer the looks of the Jag, and the power delivery of a supercharger over a turbo, though turbo engines are becoming better and better.
    Same here, though personally prefer Jags without the SC.

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer the E63 AMG.

ReputationRep:
    BMW's Turbo technology is nothing like most other cars. You should drive either the 335, 535 or the X5M. They use twin-scroll turbos which have a small and large turbine within the single turbo. You effectively notice no turbo lag and have a huge powerband right from the very bottom the of the rev range. I'd say BMW Turbo technology gives you the best of NA and FI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i have to admit, i am not so keen on this new 5 series' styling.... and for an M, i reckon it still looks a little.....too soft? :s

at least the old one looked menacing/purposeful........however i must confess, i do not know of too many others that liked the old 5's styling.....

The ///M cars were always supposed to be discreet. The E60 M5 was the exception, the new cars are going back to their roots. That is, a tyrannosaurs rex in labrador puppy clothing.

ReputationRep:
    No other way to state how awesome that M5 is: :dice:

ReputationRep:
    Never been a fan of bimmers.

Except for the M3 E92 in White. I start running after it like a dog everytime it goes past.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.