Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OMG PLEASE HELP
    Its living in hell here. ;( please help.

My parents have always been strict, when were 'bad' or have tried to defend ourselves, the punishment was taking the door of off our room, or slapping us, or taking off the internet, so we coulldnt work, we tried to protest when we had college research to do, but they really dont seem to care.

They both seem to thrive off me being miserable. Whenever im happy, they always go out of their way to find some way of bringing me down, whether it be my weight, or my college grades not being up to standard, or just asking me questions about how im going to cope at university, "hah, and you think your gunna last 5 minutes away from home!?! dont make me laugh"

They go on holiday without us about every 3/4 months, they dont support us financially, we dont get EMA, they wont let me access my account, even tho im 18, and they dont let us in the living room at night, because they spend everynight in there chugging down wine, having a good time.

Over the past few years of growing up with them acting this way, i have
    -tried to commit suicide twice
    -tried to run away once ( i got dragged back in by my hair)
    -gone through stress/anxiety/depression
    -had to go to councilling,2 years ago, my parents thought i was trying to get attention
    - AND I AM NOW GOING TO COLLEGE COUNCILLING WITHOUT THEM KNOWING, TWO YEARS ON FROM THE LAST COUNCELLING AT THE GP.

Its not just the physical abuse, its also the mental and emotional, they insult me, "you dirty little urchin" "oh here come the waterworks!!" "GROW UP!"
    and they make fun of me infront of their friends and my family. my family think im pathetic from the stories my parents tell them, me and my sister cannot defend ourselves, and stand up for ourselves infront of the family. Our parents will say were being disrespectful.

Because i study drama, they think that everytime im upset, im putting it on, or its an act, or its exaggerated.
    Just now, they were yelling at me, i put my hands to my face, rubbing my eyes cos i was tired, and they laughed and said " oh look, she thinks shes a BAFTA nominee!!!"
    It hurts, so so much

Im going through some serious stress with college and my exams, i cant cope with this. its too much along with my college stress. Help me, its starting to physically in my heart. I cant cry because theyll hear. And theyll know theyve got to me
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE?

ReputationRep:
    If it's really that bad at home, maybe get a job and earn your own money+ eventually move out? Or if you're going to uni you can just move out then.

ReputationRep:
    All you can do is hang in there and try and get independent as soon as possible..

ReputationRep:
    Ever thought of calling childline? They talk to people up to the age of 19 but won't turn you away, you might be able to give you some solid advice on how to cope better if you want some extra support along with your counselling.

I kind hate your parents for what they've done to you n your sisters, that's just not fair for parents to treat their kids this way. I guess there isn't much you can do unless you call social services, which would be pretty hard to do considering they're your parents and have siblings, or until you move out to university and try to become as independent as you can. Is it possible for you to stay later in college to use the computers there?

ReputationRep:
    Your situation sounds horrible

Don't really know how to help but im sure the best thing you can do is just hold out until you get to university..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Please please please call someone like childline! If youre hating it so much that you have repeatedly tried to kill yourself you need some help and you need to get out of there for a while!

It must feel like youre going through hell, emotional abuse can sometimes be worse than physical abuse.

Also if they dont support you financially, how are you getting by?

I really hope this gets better for you! try talking to a teacher you trust at school (ask them before hand if they will keep it confidential, as sometimes things like this have to be told to parents and thats the last thing you need)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a weedy little thing, but I'd give them a ****ing smackdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OMG PLEASE HELP

My parents have always been strict, when were 'bad' or have tried to defend ourselves, the punishment was taking the door of off our room, or slapping us, or taking off the internet, so we coulldnt work, we tried to protest when we had college research to do, but they really dont seem to care.

They both seem to thrive off me being miserable. Whenever im happy, they always go out of their way to find some way of bringing me down, whether it be my weight, or my college grades not being up to standard, or just asking me questions about how im going to cope at university, "hah, and you think your gunna last 5 minutes away from home!?! dont make me laugh"

They go on holiday without us about every 3/4 months, they dont support us financially, we dont get EMA, they wont let me access my account, even tho im 18, and they dont let us in the living room at night, because they spend everynight in there chugging down wine, having a good time.

-had to go to councilling,2 years ago, my parents thought i was trying to get attention
    - AND I AM NOW GOING TO COLLEGE COUNCILLING WITHOUT THEM KNOWING, TWO YEARS ON FROM THE LAST COUNCELLING AT THE GP.

Its not just the physical abuse, its also the mental and emotional, they insult me, "you dirty little urchin" "oh here come the waterworks!!" "GROW UP!"
    and they make fun of me infront of their friends and my family. my family think im pathetic from the stories my parents tell them, me and my sister cannot defend ourselves, and stand up for ourselves infront of the family. Our parents will say were being disrespectful.

Because i study drama, they think that everytime im upset, im putting it on, or its an act, or its exaggerated.
    Just now, they were yelling at me, i put my hands to my face, rubbing my eyes cos i was tired, and they laughed and said " oh look, she thinks shes a BAFTA nominee!!!"
    It hurts, so so much

Im going through some serious stress with college and my exams, i cant cope with this. its too much along with my college stress. Help me, its starting to physically in my heart. I cant cry because theyll hear. And theyll know theyve got to me
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Emanicipation ?????? or court order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OMG PLEASE HELP

It hurts, so so much

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Gosh that sounds awful big hugs!

I didn't get on with my parents for a lot of my teen years, I basically got through by being round friends' houses most of the time. I revised in the local library/at college if I couldn't get peace at home. I would be out the house as much as possible when things got bad.

Your life doesn't have to be like this. Study your damn hardest with the sight of getting out as soon as it is possible! You just have to harden yourself to your parents and don't let them affect your future like this. Stick with your mates and people who will listen to you. You mentioned your weight - start an exercise plan and try to feel better about yourself. Hope this as helped a bit!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.