The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

is it first come first served on accomodation?

no idea how the room allocation thing works?
Reply 1
yes it is.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
What have you guys applied for? First choice?
Reply 3
I've heard it is but then i know people who applied, they both put the same first choice down and the one who replied later got their first choice and they one who replied earlier didnt so god knows :/
Reply 4
any applying for daisy hill halls??
Reply 5
its prioritized.. like, anybody 25+miles away, and aparantly if u got like.. a full loan.. u get prioirty too - so im told.
Reply 6
It's first come first serve, and people who live further away get priority if you live in the same place as your uni you automatically get stuck at the bottom of the list. If your concerned about halls pick less popular options e.g. no private bathroom, less people choose this and the rooms tend to be bigger or catering (but chances are the food will be awful). I'm in my first year now and in halls (and catered-the food sucks). hope this helps
It can't be on your loan, as they dont know this!
Reply 8
Different people say different things. But usually no it isn't first come first served. It is allocated to people who have unconditionals first around July time. Then it is allocated to those with conditionals once their offers are met on results day. At which point it is whatever form they pick up first. It doesn't go off distance as that would be unfair and it can't go off the loan as that might not have anything to do with your accommodation (ie. parents pay accommodation and you get the loan to live off)
But I thought they tell us in July which one we are allocated and if we want it we have to pay £100 to secure it???????
Reply 10
thats only the people with uncinditionals. everyone else gets told about a week after results day as they wont offer accommodation until you hold an unconditional
So..... Your telling me, I won't find out about my accommodation until after exam results?
Reply 12
Pretty much yeah... Unless MMU do it differently to every other uni (which from what I can gather from their website they don't) then yeah you won't hear until after exams...

They won't allocate it to conditionals because there is no point in case they don't meet the condition and the room would be empty
Reply 13
You hear back in July, we get our exam results in august don't we?
Reply 14
Here's what it says on the website...

"Allocations usually commence from July each year and you will receive your formal offer by email. Therefore it is essential that you provide an email address that you will have access to during the summer."

That means they start giving them out in July... to people with unconditionals. Anyone else it is through the summer. Mainly when your offer becomes unconditional. They won't give them to people with conditionals because if they don't meet the offer they will end up with a whole bunch of empty rooms to re-allocate...

Trust me, I'm at uni... and the uni I'm at does it in that system because of the whole if you don't meet your offer thing. Therefore if you have an unconditional you're actually more likely to get your first choice accommodation
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sammy9214
Here's what it says on the website...

"Allocations usually commence from July each year and you will receive your formal offer by email. Therefore it is essential that you provide an email address that you will have access to during the summer."

That means they start giving them out in July... to people with unconditionals. Anyone else it is through the summer. Mainly when your offer becomes unconditional. They won't give them to people with conditionals because if they don't meet the offer they will end up with a whole bunch of empty rooms to re-allocate...

Trust me, I'm at uni... and the uni I'm at does it in that system because of the whole if you don't meet your offer thing. Therefore if you have an unconditional you're actually more likely to get your first choice accommodation

Manchester Met Halls
eMMU has heard a rumour on Student Room that offers of accommodation will only be sent to UF applicants in July. THIS IS NOT TRUE! All CF/UF applicants are processed at the same time :smile:

Scroll down to the 14th of April. Thursday !!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manchester-Met-Halls/135693799836971

I'm afraid your wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending