Turn on thread page Beta

Never Loved, Never Hated, These foods are merely Tolerated! watch

ReputationRep:
    Rice. Because I BLOODY EAT IT EVERY DAY!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMorgan26)
    If you have to 'try', then why do it? Why deprive yourself of bacon?
    Because I think it is the best thing to do morally/ethically. It's just that because I've been brought up non-vegetarian, I know how delicious bacon is which makes it harder I've given up many times in the past, but convinced this time I won't.

ReputationRep:
    I try to be grateful for the food I have, not "tolerate it" jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    I think milk is just tolerated, its always going into other things or having flavours added to it, its rarely enjoyed by itself.
    Tell that to the babies.. they're CRAZY bout it lol

ReputationRep:
    Potatoes. Just meh.

ReputationRep:
    I'll second that about spuds...

ReputationRep:
    um i tolerate beetroot and chocolate :s

ReputationRep:
    Ooh another one is oatcakes/Ryvita/other plain crackers (with the exception of Cornish wafers and butter puffs. They were sent by the God of Cheese-and-Biscuits to make me fat)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Because I think it is the best thing to do morally/ethically. It's just that because I've been brought up non-vegetarian, I know how delicious bacon is which makes it harder I've given up many times in the past, but convinced this time I won't.
    Can't say I really understand your reasons and I could never give up meat, but good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    Crisps... if someone shoves them at my face, I'll eat them. Otherwise nah.

ReputationRep:
    I feel pretty unemotional about celery.

ReputationRep:
    Most crisps, spaghetti.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe so many people are saying crisps. Then againn I have about 1-2 packets of crisps a month, so i guess unlike a lot of people I haven't grown sick and tired of them. I savour the taste when I have them but I'm not too fussed about going out there and buying a pack.

In terms of indifference to food, I can't think of anything I am apathetic towards. I guess I'm quite polarised when it comes to food.

ReputationRep:
    I read fools instead of foods ... a bit of an anti-climax at first, then realised that this thread was making me lol and was much better than what I'd anticipated

ReputationRep:
    Pasta and boiled rice, both exclusive of sauce. When you make a pasta dish it's all about what you're having with the pasta. Same with rice, it's just something you serve with curry or chinese food. If you ate either of these meals without their starch counterpart you'd feel kind of gluttonous and it wouldn't seem like a proper meal. Nobody has bolognese without pasta, but secretly everyone would probably prefer it that way.
    I guess crackers are similar in that respect. Nobody wants a plain cracker, it's just a receptacle for cheese which would make you feel like a failure if you ate it on its own :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floskii)
    Pasta and boiled rice, both exclusive of sauce. When you make a pasta dish it's all about what you're having with the pasta. Same with rice, it's just something you serve with curry or chinese food. If you ate either of these meals without their starch counterpart you'd feel kind of gluttonous and it wouldn't seem like a proper meal. Nobody has bolognese without pasta, but secretly everyone would probably prefer it that way.
    I guess crackers are similar in that respect. Nobody wants a plain cracker, it's just a receptacle for cheese which would make you feel like a failure if you ate it on its own :P
    What's wrong with eating cheese on its own?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriacatherine)
    What's wrong with eating cheese on its own?!
    Agree! And pasta on it's own. Or just with a wee bit of butter. Mmmmm. I always have much more pasta in my pasta to sauce ratio!

ReputationRep:
    I've got another potentially controversial one - ice cream. Other than Ben & Jerry's, I'm really not that bothered about ice cream. I don't dislike it, but I'd normally choose an ice lolly over an ice cream from an ice cream van, and I'd rather something like creme fraiche or custard with desserts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    Rice. Because I BLOODY EAT IT EVERY DAY!!!
    omg i would love eating rice everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    :eek3:

Actually, breakfast as a meal generally. It's just so not worth the effort. There is nothing which tastes nice enough
    But what about cheese on toast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.