You get tired of it. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    burgers, chips, pizza, donner, naa jus jokin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    You get tired of it. Trust me.
    hmmm nahhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably late, but, did anyone read the title as a rhymed?

and I think that Bread is my number one for this. you don't eat bread on it's own, but you have to have it with breakfast and such.

Strange creature, that bread...

ReputationRep:
    Soup. I'd never chose to eat it, but I always get given it and eat it anyway.
    Lamb.
    Popcorn.

ReputationRep:
    Cereal.
    Toast.
    Spinach. Stupid spinach. Just why???

ReputationRep:
    Carrots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floralia)
    Cereal.
    Toast.
    Spinach. Stupid spinach. Just why???
    Please tell me you didn't just downplay the absolute genius that is cereal.

ReputationRep:
    Mashed Potato...meh

ReputationRep:
    Rice - I'm african so we eat it like every three days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Please tell me you didn't just downplay the absolute genius that is cereal.
    I second this. Cereal is like dessert you can have for breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    Rice cakes
    Salad leaves (except Rocket :sogood:)
    Pasta
    Rice
    Boiled Potatoes
    Butter/Margerine
    Cabbage
    Mushrooms

I buy them and taste ok, but they are merely to fill up my stomach rather than something I gain genuine enjoyment from.

ReputationRep:
    Got to be potatoes. Particularly boiled.

ReputationRep:
    Eggs . . . :dontknow:
    Creme Caramel . . . :dontknow:
    Mushrooms . . . :dontknow:
    Carrots . . . :dontknow: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Custard. Its so plain and it feels weird in my stomach. But if it was on some apple crumble, I'd still eat it. I wouldn't enjoy it though.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with Popcorn in general, but certainly agree with cinema popcorn. Popcorn in general is pretty good for you, it's literally... popped corn. But cinema popcorn inexplicably manages to be worse for you than eating cheesecake, whilst tasting so... well, BORING.

If I'm going to be having popcorn, at least make it Marks and Sparks belgian chocolate coated toffee popcorn, or Butterkist Toffee (which, once again, inexplicably manage to be either the same or better for you than cinema popcorn...)

ReputationRep:
    toast - just boring!
    peas - never used to like them but now with a bit of mayo there edible
    x

ReputationRep:
    Potato. It's just... alright.

Although, saying that, I think I might have a jacket potato and cheese later. I think peas taste nice, they're just too much of a hassle to try and pick up with cutlery, so I generally avoid. Unless they're fresh and you have to get them out of the pod yourself... yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floskii)
    Pasta and boiled rice, both exclusive of sauce. When you make a pasta dish it's all about what you're having with the pasta. Same with rice, it's just something you serve with curry or chinese food. If you ate either of these meals without their starch counterpart you'd feel kind of gluttonous and it wouldn't seem like a proper meal. Nobody has bolognese without pasta, but secretly everyone would probably prefer it that way.
    Speak for yourself - I absolutely love both pasta and rice, and whilst I don't think I'd have a meal consisting entirely only of one or the other, I definitely don't just view it as 'something which has to be eaten to balance out the meal'. Rice is much more than just something to go with curry or Chinese food. Risottos, kedgeree, Japanese/ Vietnamese/ Malaysian dishes, my Dad makes a lovely dish made of red camargue rice, chopped onion and cashew nuts... rice goes well with stews, chicken and fish too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Speak for yourself - I absolutely love both pasta and rice, and whilst I don't think I'd have a meal consisting entirely only of one or the other, I definitely don't just view it as 'something which has to be eaten to balance out the meal'. Rice is much more than just something to go with curry or Chinese food. Risottos, kedgeree, Japanese/ Vietnamese/ Malaysian dishes, my Dad makes a lovely dish made of red camargue rice, chopped onion and cashew nuts... rice goes well with stews, chicken and fish too.
    I agree - I see the sauce more as "something to go with pasta"! I won't look in the fridge and say "hmm, I've got some mince and some onions...I'll make bolognaise!", I'm more likely to say "hmm, I've got spaghetti...I'll buy some mince and make bolognaise!"

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.