Turn on thread page Beta

Never Loved, Never Hated, These foods are merely Tolerated! watch

ReputationRep:
    I would go for chicken Kievs and oven chips. We have them at home, but I never bothered ever buying them for myself when I was at uni. I love chips from fish and chip shops, but although oven ones are quite nice, they're not enough for me to bother buying them for myself.

Crisps is another one. I hate salt & vinegar and Thai sweet chilli, dislike cheese & onion, and am really not bothered by wotsits, barbecue beef, prawn cocktail etc. The only ones I really like are roast chicken flavour and ready salted (and paprika flavoured Pringles are nice too.) Even then, I much prefer the 'posh' crisps, because they seem thicker and crispier and the flavour is better. I still hardly ever buy them though - it's just something I don't really ever think of buying, for some reason.

Oh, and although I have a feeling I'll be very much in the minority here, I have to say - Oreos. They're OK, but I really don't get the hype. I can take or leave them, I'm really not bothered by them and I don't think I'd ever bother buying any for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Oh, and although I have a feeling I'll be very much in the minority here, I have to say - Oreos. They're OK, but I really don't get the hype. I can take or leave them, I'm really not bothered by them and I don't think I'd ever bother buying any for myself.
    Ditto!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, now that I think about it - butter. More specifically, butter on sandwiches etc.

I usually have sunflower spreads etc, I just prefer them. But when I return home, my FULLFAT MILK FULLFAT BUTTER WITH BACON ON IT mother insists on making everything with butter, including spreading sandwiches with the stuff. I'd prefer no spread at all to big lumps of butter ruining my sarnie, but that said, I won't not eat it just because it's on there.

ReputationRep:
    Rice. It's just so bland compared to the many other more wonderful forms of carbohydrate out there. I never even order it at curry houses anymore, I just have extra naan bread.

Also:

crisps and other assorted savoury snacks. Just never seen the appeal. I'd much rather have a nice sandwich or a portion of chips.

cereal. either horribly bland or way too sweet for that time of the morning. hence the reason I don't bother with breakfast I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Heinz baked beans (all others I have tried are disgusting)
    Chilli con carne
    garlic bread

Plain nachos on there own!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    Potato
    im loving the Kieth lemon

but it only works in the accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Quiche. The boyfriend loves it. why.
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    The majority of cereals, even the chocolate ones that are meant to be nice. And boiled potatos- generally love potatos in literally any other form but boiled are just so bland and solid and tasteless.

Every other food apart from that I either love or seriously dislike, but mostly love. Oh food :love:

ReputationRep:
    bread
    rice
    cereal - usually very fussy actually
    sweets - i'll eat it but i don't LOVE it
    pears

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a few boiled sweet varieties that, if offered, I'll take, but I never buy them otherwise. My gran has a little bowl that's always filled with boiled sweets and I don't particularly enjoy them, but for some reason I'll always take one and suck on it for the duration of my visit to see her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    There are quite a few boiled sweet varieties that, if offered, I'll take, but I never buy them otherwise. My gran has a little bowl that's always filled with boiled sweets and I don't particularly enjoy them, but for some reason I'll always take one and suck on it for the duration of my visit to see her.
    Ha, My nan has this too! And she has a little jar for Werthers too. And another little jar lined up next to that for the boiled, and then a final jar for like, softer chewits-texture sweets. Always got to enjoy the Werthers! I do quite like these boiled sweets I think you get in a bag at Lidl? (PAUPER DELIGHT) They're fruity with like a gel in the middle when you crack through. Apple and cherry ones are quite pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually LAW for grannies to have those jars/bowls, Melissa.

And to own packets of Garibaldi and Sultana Shortie biscuits at all times, regardless of situation.

ReputationRep:
    Chick peas

ReputationRep:
    Carrots, who the heck feels strongly towards carrots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Marmite.
    I don't love it or hate it. It's just OK :dontknow:
    Marmite is ok, but Bovril is yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Carrots, who the heck feels strongly towards carrots?
    Carrots are lovely with a bit of butter and a sprinkling of parsley! So long as they haven't been overboiled, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Rice. Used to dislike it, but got used to it and now tolerate it, but only if it's with some kind of sauce.
    Mince. I eat things like meatballs and spag bol, but I preferit when meat is in chunks . McDonalds burgers are the only exception
    Chillies. Not bothered by heat, but excessive use of chillies just overwhelms any other flavours and tastes in the dish.

ReputationRep:
    Beef mince

ReputationRep:
    Cous Cous. It's just...meh.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the peas! If theyre there then okay then ill eat them, but i wont ACTIVELY choose them, its all about sweetcorn oh and i can just about tolerate parsnips, i used to hate them, but i can eat them now if theyre on my plate, but like peas, i wont actively choose to nom them!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.