Turn on thread page Beta

Never Loved, Never Hated, These foods are merely Tolerated! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpenTheFloodGates)
    I'm probably late, but, did anyone read the title as a rhymed?

and I think that Bread is my number one for this. you don't eat bread on it's own, but you have to have it with breakfast and such.

Strange creature, that bread...
    Bread on its own = :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Margerine - I definitely don't love the stuff, but I don't hate it either. If there's no butter available, I'll use marge instead, but only then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    It's actually LAW for grannies to have those jars/bowls, Melissa.

And to own packets of Garibaldi and Sultana Shortie biscuits at all times, regardless of situation.
    Is it bad that I have jars of sweets on my kitchen shelf AND a jar of Sultana Shortie biccies as well?

I think I'm prematurely aging :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    :eek3:

Actually, breakfast as a meal generally. It's just so not worth the effort. There is nothing which tastes nice enough
    :eek: .. Please go out and buy yourself a box of Crunchy Nut Clusters. Eat them. Then return to the TSR and say that again!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Speak for yourself - I absolutely love both pasta and rice, and whilst I don't think I'd have a meal consisting entirely only of one or the other, I definitely don't just view it as 'something which has to be eaten to balance out the meal'. Rice is much more than just something to go with curry or Chinese food. Risottos, kedgeree, Japanese/ Vietnamese/ Malaysian dishes, my Dad makes a lovely dish made of red camargue rice, chopped onion and cashew nuts... rice goes well with stews, chicken and fish too.
    Oh no don't get me wrong, I do enjoy rice and my dad makes a great kedgeree and an amazing savoury rice to go with chilli. Rice is great if it's got stuff added to it or is cooked in a nice way - Its just plain boiled rice which to me seems more like a 'filler food' than something I'd actively choose to eat. Same as with pasta, there are loads of dishes which are improved by having pasta in, it's just often I find myself using pasta as a recepticle for sauce rather than enjoying it in itself. But then that's just, like, my opinion, man! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Mayonnaise

Especially on sandwiches or bugers/kebabs.

As a rule I think if you end up tasting the mayo then there is too much on your sandwich....

ReputationRep:
    Big Macs.

Never understood why they are popular.. they're usually soggy pieces of ****. Sure, tastes good, but most of it ends up falling to pieces in your hands.

Pasta.

Usually bland as **** no matter whats been put on it (I know how to cook, so thats not the issue). Pasta is just boring. I eat it because its cheap and filling, literally. Theres little enjoyment in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Big Macs.

Never understood why they are popular.. they're usually soggy pieces of ****. Sure, tastes good, but most of it ends up falling to pieces in your hands.
    I totally agree with this... in fact, McDonalds "Beef" in general. It always ends up as this odd, dry overcooked drinks coaster in a roll. Oddly enough the best part of a McDonalds hamburger to me is the marriage of the condiments, diced onions and pickled gherkin slice - it's all you taste anyway really, the burger just adds texture.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I realised this morning (well technically afternoon but I'd just got up) that for me it's those baby corn on the cob things.
    I don't love them. I don't hate them.
    But I'm pretty much the only person in the house who will eat them.

ReputationRep:
    Rice :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lamb I just dont really like it or hate it if its there i just eat it because i have to

ReputationRep:
    I tend to not eat the foods I 'tolerate'. I mean, if I'm gonna eat something, what's the point if I don't enjoy it? I'd rather just use up that eating opportunity on something else that I do enjoy! (This probably makes me quite a rude dinner guest potentially. I don't think even manners would make me eat something I didn't really feel all that keen towards, woops.)

ReputationRep:
    Rice - it's essential for a curry, which I like, but I'm pretty indifferent towards it.
    Oven chips - They nearly always define mediocre. Microchips included.
    Chicken wings - I only have them as part of a pizza deal, but they're neither here nor there.
    Tuna - it's pretty much tasteless, but being nutritious and cheap compensates.
    Ham - I find ham average, slightly above average within a fresh french roll.
    Salad - I don't how peole can tolerate a pure salad meal, but I find it reasonable alongside kebabs, burgers...perhaps it makes me feel less guilty!!

ReputationRep:
    Bread.
    Pasta.
    Banana.
    Cucumber.
    Rice.

ReputationRep:
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Baked beans
    Rice pudding
    Pasta

ReputationRep:
    I also agree with Mayonnaise - to an extent. If it's on the sandwich/burger, I'll eat it, but I'll opt out otherwise. However, sometimes when the mayo is totally TURBOSATURATED, like on a Greggs Chicken Mayo baguette/softie roll (if you've had one then you'll know what I mean) and the chicken pieces are like small boats in a mayo OCEAN, I have to either forgo it or try futilely to scrape all that crap off.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say boiled potatoes. If they're there, I'll eat them, but I'd never choose them over other types and wouldn't bother to cook them for myself. They're just so... bland...

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.