Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I'm a Portuguese student and last Sunday I made my application to the MS/Mres in Neuroscience at UCL, Imperial and King's. Right now I have an offer from King's but I wanna know your opinion about the three programmes. Please help me because as a foreign I might not have the better perspective. (If I got an offer for the three of them, I probably would choose between UCL and Imperial...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeiaLua)
    Hi guys!
    I'm a Portuguese student and last Sunday I made my application to the MS/Mres in Neuroscience at UCL, Imperial and King's. Right now I have an offer from King's but I wanna know your opinion about the three programmes. Please help me because as a foreign I might not have the better perspective. (If I got an offer for the three of them, I probably would choose between UCL and Imperial...)

i personally would just stick to the offer you've got. i might apply for the same course next year and i really want to go to king because the uni itself if wonderfull..so dont panic it will be worth it at the end of the year..

ReputationRep:
    Well I know that King's College is great, just to think that I'm actually going to study in one of them it's awesome... I can't believe that they made me an offer. But despite that I'm trying to understand which is the best in the field...
    Thanks jenny!

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to neuroscience, UCL is second only to Harvard in the world in terms of research impact. You can check UCL's wikipedia input

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmakos)
    When it comes to neuroscience, UCL is second only to Harvard in the world in terms of research impact. You can check UCL's wikipedia input
    Can't vouch for the Harvard bit but yeah as a medic I am aware that UCL seems to have a strong Neuroscience programme.

TBH being based at any of the London Unis is ideal due the clinical base you have access to and London is certainly a world-class centre for clinical experience in Neurology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Can't vouch for the Harvard bit but yeah as a medic I am aware that UCL seems to have a strong Neuroscience programme.

TBH being based at any of the London Unis is ideal due the clinical base you have access to and London is certainly a world-class centre for clinical experience in Neurology.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCL_Neuroscience

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! The fees at UCL are sooo expensive (more than 6000 pounds and at Imperial and King are around 3000) so I don't know if I have that money. I guess that's what you pay for excellence! For now I don't have to worry about that, but your answers helped a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeiaLua)
    Thank you! The fees at UCL are sooo expensive (more than 6000 pounds and at Imperial and King are around 3000) so I don't know if I have that money. I guess that's what you pay for excellence! For now I don't have to worry about that, but your answers helped a lot.
    I work at KCL in the neuroscience department. There's a lot of high quality research being conducted here, a lot of it in collaboration with UCL. You don't have to worry about it 'not being as good'. A masters from any of those institutions will set you up nicely.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.