Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding! That is still so young! I was 19 when I started Uni and there were so many 20/21/22 year olds. Until you asked a person's age I honestly wouldn't be able to tell between then 19-22 bracket. I'm living with one 22 year old now and the rest of us are 20. It makes no difference. After I'm planning to go travelling with a girl who I work with who will be 26 (and I will be 21), she looks about 19 and acts the same age as me. I literally think age makes no difference whatsoever so a certain extent!
    Also, there are 3 people on my course over 35 and lots of 23,24 year old although the vast majority are 20.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to be 20 when i start oxford ! 2 gap years. it isn't a big deal at all

ReputationRep:
    I applied for English at Magdalen last admission cycle, but didn't get in. I'm 21 (I'll be 22 soon), but until I told people I was older they had no idea. I've visited other universities where I felt a bit 'old' compared to the rest, but at Oxford I met some lovely people and didn't feel out of place at all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.