Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone started studying for their A-levels? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive collated all my past papers into folders onto my computer ready.

Ill start this weekend for Physics/Chemistry and we still need to finish my Geography course

11 weeks until my first important exam. 10 weeks until Critical Thinking :/

ReputationRep:
    Are you mad|?!?!
    I'm not starting anything before May. Absolutely no point. (5/7 of my exams are end of June anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
    Ive collated all my past papers into folders onto my computer ready.

Ill start this weekend for Physics/Chemistry and we still need to finish my Geography course

11 weeks until my first important exam. 10 weeks until Critical Thinking :/
    I have just under 10 weeks before my first exam. Better get revising soon...

Last year I revised for around 3-4 weeks and didn't do as well as I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Pahaa crazies...

ReputationRep:
    Just started today, Maths is a dodle but need to watch out for physics and computing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    Pretty much everyone has started. There is 6 weeks to go before exams start, any one that hasn't is a fool
    :getmecoat:

I will start doing some tonight though. Definitely this time!

ReputationRep:
    i think i may start in the Easter hols, or at least try to
    especially being i need to try and memorise quotes from a load of poems and a novel *eurgh*

ReputationRep:
    Started last Monday :smug:

ReputationRep:
    9 weeks till my first exam and I have not started revising for it at all! My next exam after that is 11 weeks away from now. I'll start doing some serious work during the easter break.

ReputationRep:
    @OP

Nope. Woops.

Naa I'm usually a late starter, I do well though so I think I'll be fine. Will definitely b estarting this week.

ReputationRep:
    i have but im always distracted as hell
    i deactivated my facebook but now im addicted to keeping up with the kardashians -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous 428)
    i deactivated my facebook but now im addicted to keeping up with the kardashians -_-
    Same, I keep getting distracted! Facebook and TSR now being the main culprits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous 428)
    Same!!! haha. Darn technology

Great minds think alike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hufflepuffer)
    Gutted, your grades are cr*p.
    Mehh, im on target for AAB hardly crap, i've managed to get in to a russell group uni, and have a life..... sorry i havent got 99% in everything, but tbh are you really gunna end up at a uni that is much better than the one i am going to, no? so why try harder

ReputationRep:
    Gutted, you can join the other guy's club. I ditto what I said.
    Gutted, we now have a club , how does it feel to be alone.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dec S 92)
    Mehh, im on target for AAB hardly crap, i've managed to get in to a russell group uni, and have a life..... sorry i havent got 99% in everything, but tbh are you really gunna end up at a uni that is much better than the one i am going to, no? so why try harder

ReputationRep:
    Gutted, your grades are cr*p.
    AAB are really good grades, well above the average, which reciprocates that he'll be going to a well above average, well established world-class univeristy. Whilst their not A*s, one must remind you; grades in no way represent your intelligence as a person. You might have straight A*s, I don't know, but if you really think that AAB are crap grades then I hugely doubt you'll be on the same intellectual level as anyone at a university equivalent to Nottingham or better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dec S 92)
    gutted i have 10 weeks til my first exam
    Hey, I am so mortified - the comment about your grades being crap was not me. I will explain... You may have noticed that my sig was full of unbelieveable academics - er, no, I did NOT get 14A* at GCSE, or any for that matter, and I didn't take 6 AS subjects, nor am I predicted 6A*s at A-Level. TSR is one of my tabs and my brother thought it'd be a huge joke to change my sig and post loads of abuse on all different threads, because I fraped him last week and he was a sore biatch.
    Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings and well done on your offer! Sorry again x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am so mortified - the comment about your grades being crap was not me. I will explain... You may have noticed that my sig was full of unbelieveable academics - er, no, I did NOT get 14A* at GCSE, or any for that matter, and I didn't take 6 AS subjects, nor am I predicted 6A*s at A-Level. TSR is one of my tabs and my brother thought it'd be a huge joke to change my sig and post loads of abuse on all different threads, because I fraped him last week and he was a sore biatch.
    Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings and well done on your offer! Sorry again x
    Haha, no worries x

ReputationRep:
    I did think you'd have to be near genius or have no life to take on six subjects with predicted grades of A* - I'll give you your rep back later :lol:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.