Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks for everyone's suggestions, have looked into voluntary work but this bank HCA thing sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    How did people apply for bank HCA work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    How did people apply for bank HCA work?
    NHS Jobs.

(Original post by lekky)
    Bank HCA! Can't sell it enough! Good pay too - near £15/hour on Sundays :teeth:
    I get £16.20! I have no idea why, to be honest. Ridiculously overpaid and underskilled job.

(Original post by digitalis)
    No, it's not a one off...it's like a 12 year contract that you can quit at any time without penalty. The TA is the reserve Army (49.5% of the Army Medical Services are from the TA)

You can join as a soldier at any time but can only be commissioned as a 2Lt in your 4th year. It's good fun, the training commitments are quite minimal really and they are a really nice, understanding bunch of people. Pay for all your transport and taxis there and back!
    That sounds quite interesting actually.. Might have to do a bit of googling.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to revive this thread but I'm trying to find a summer job in the healthcare system. I've been applying to some on NHS jobs e.g. all band 2 jobs as a medical secretary/ receptionist/ clerical officer/ theatre assistant. Is it the case that you have to apply for a lot of jobs before you hear back from one. Because I've applied for like 18 jobs got 3 rejections and waiting for the other 15 to reply.

I think that I'm selling myself fairly well but is this normal?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2012

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.