Turn on thread page Beta

Do I have a right to be annoyed at this? watch

Announcements

I met my boyfriend on a dating site, and we've now been together for almost a year. Thing is, yesterday he told me that two people had contacted him on his account recently, and claims that he can't change that he's in a relationship because his laptop messes up the page. It's not so much that which is annoying me, more the fact that we've been together for almost 12 months and he hasn't deactivated until now. At the beginning of the relationship, he also made a joke about me potentially knowing someone who had messaged him and was going to set something up, until he realised he was flirting with her. I'm just curious as to why he wouldn't bother shutting the account while we're together - we're in an LDR so I know it requires trust but... I don't know.

Shall I bring it up?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to delete it? My boyfriend had a profile and deleted it a few days after we became "official". He should delete it if he's in a relationship, and the fact he still logs on is a bit weird...

ReputationRep:
    WEll talking about it is important, he may not know that it really bothers you and won't until you talk to him about it

On the other hand, its just a dating site

ReputationRep:
    He should really close his account if he is with you, especially as you've been together a year. Bring it up with him.

Just to add, I'm not sure if he's actually been using it. He might have received messages apart from what he's told me, I don't know. I don't know anything apart from what's in the post so I don't want to sound paranoid when I bring it up.

Thanks for the replies so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just to add, I'm not sure if he's actually been using it. He might have received messages apart from what he's told me, I don't know. I don't know anything apart from what's in the post so I don't want to sound paranoid when I bring it up.

Thanks for the replies so far
    If I was you I would make an account just to message him and see if he flirts back....might be a bit deceitful though but at least you'd know where you stand.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, just tell him to delete it completely and don't do it again while in a relationship with you. :dontknow:

You can be annoyed at it, I guess.

I would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met my boyfriend on a dating site, and we've now been together for almost a year. Thing is, yesterday he told me that two people had contacted him on his account recently, and claims that he can't change that he's in a relationship because his laptop messes up the page. It's not so much that which is annoying me, more the fact that we've been together for almost 12 months and he hasn't deactivated until now. At the beginning of the relationship, he also made a joke about me potentially knowing someone who had messaged him and was going to set something up, until he realised he was flirting with her. I'm just curious as to why he wouldn't bother shutting the account while we're together - we're in an LDR so I know it requires trust but... I don't know.

Shall I bring it up?

Thanks.
    He didn't delete it straight away because he wasn't sure how far he was gunna go/if it would last with you

Okay, I'm going to mention it now. This is the first time I've really been annoyed at him, I don't want to sound stupid or naive though.

Thank you for all the help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.