Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Best night of the freshers event is the bar crawl with every first year involved. usually happens on the monday of the second week

ReputationRep:
    why does it feel that not many people from UoL goes on TSR...this is like the fourth person i've seen but compared to the other forums, there's tens of em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    why does it feel that not many people from UoL goes on TSR...this is like the fourth person i've seen but compared to the other forums, there's tens of em
    Maybe Leicester is so amazing that no-one has any time for TSR? :awesome:.... one can dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Maybe Leicester is so amazing that no-one has any time for TSR? :awesome:.... one can dream
    maybe, I didnt think of it like that :O

ReputationRep:
    maybe, I didnt think of it like that :O
    Like I said... one can dream :P or..... maybe the internet connection is terrible there :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Like I said... one can dream :P or..... maybe the internet connection is terrible there :eek:
    I know that we have to buy an ethernet cable when we move in, since they dont supply it to us. apparently last year there was a massive rush for them and it got sold out at a lot of stores...

ReputationRep:
    I know that we have to buy an ethernet cable when we move in, since they dont supply it to us. apparently last year there was a massive rush for them and it got sold out at a lot of stores...
    Hmmmm thanks for the warning. May well bring my own.

ReputationRep:
    You can get one from the office of your accomodation block but they might sell out there quickly as well. I had to get one on the second day just when they came in. I got overcharged for it as well as they went with a new supplier. The receptionist didn't believe me when I told her what price I had paid for it. (I had to buy my own from elsewhere as the cable they sold me was too short and they didn't have any of a longer length, rather silly really)

Also, maybe those going to UoL just haven't come onto the forum for it if they are on TSR. It could happen.

ReputationRep:
    not the movies, but the episodes, from the beginning

that would be so badass, especially the one with Ash releasing his Butterfree and showing his Charizard...and then the Squirtle Squad
    *o* yeah. that would be awesome!! though there will be those who dont like pokemon ad that jazz :P but if it was going on i would definately come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteJayy)
    Hey, let me introduce myself, I'm Steven and the current President of GMS Hall (although unofficially I, along with the university, help run events for the whole Student Village).

Who's thinking about staying or been confirmed a place in the Oadby Student Village for the 2011/2012 academic year?

Basically well done on getting into Leicester, you've got a fun-filled few years ahead of you, with most of the fun times likely happening in the student village! If you have any questions about starting university then feel free to message me, otherwise you can check out current happenings in GMS Hall at http://www.gmshall.co.nr/ or meet your neighbours before you start university by joining the Official Oadby Student Village Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=94342855610

If I'm still around in September then I look forward to welcoming you all on your first day, otherwise I'm sure the new president will be there to help you out! Also the Facebook group will be the one that next year's committee will use to communicate so make sure to join in order to stay up to date with the latest goings on x
    heyy, i was wondering if you knew how likely i would be to get my first choice accomodation because i sent it off on the 11th march (day after it opened), but as i am a conditional offer i wont be allocated until i (hopefully) get the results i need, and they said it was first come first served but i'm still a bit sceptical as we dont get allocated until results have come in :/
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything to do with accommodation allocations but from my experience when they say it's first come, first served then they are usually telling the truth, hope that helps somewhat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goerigi)
    heyy, i was wondering if you knew how likely i would be to get my first choice accomodation because i sent it off on the 11th march (day after it opened), but as i am a conditional offer i wont be allocated until i (hopefully) get the results i need, and they said it was first come first served but i'm still a bit sceptical as we dont get allocated until results have come in :/
    thanks in advance
    If it helps, I applied for mine last year at the end of March/early April I think and got my second choice. My first for what I wanted only had a few rooms so that might have been the reason.

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, only a few students will have their results already or get them earlier (IB). I think they have a system where with the first come first served that it with you applying earlier, when you're unconditional to come to Leicester that they do it from that and so those who applied first are dealt with and given a room first.

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my form the day I got my results in august, back then we could only apply for accomm when we had an unconditional offer, and ended up with my 2nd choice.

Also updated the GMS blog with some more (hopefully) useful stuff, such as a map of the Oadby Student Village, http://www.gmshall.co.nr/

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my form the day I got my results in august, back then we could only apply for accomm when we had an unconditional offer, and ended up with my 2nd choice.

Also updated the GMS blog with some more (hopefully) useful stuff, such as a map of the Oadby Student Village, http://www.gmshall.co.nr/
    you guys are really dedicated to this

it makes me look forward to it more haha, nice work. i'll add this to my favourites

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the map, looks like Bowder Court is right in the middle of GMS... Niiice.

ReputationRep:
    you guys are really dedicated to this

it makes me look forward to it more haha, nice work. i'll add this to my favourites

It makes it sooooo much easier using Facebook groups and a blog than getting the university to e-mail all the students.

ReputationRep:

It makes it sooooo much easier using Facebook groups and a blog than getting the university to e-mail all the students.
    you better be doing some awesome stuff to prepare for us later this year! :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 21, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.