Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    Could someone please help and provide me with all the information that I am entitled to for University.

    I am aiming to being in Sept this year, to complete my Mental Health Nursing Diploma;

    My partner earns £1200 a month after deductions, we have one child living with us who we pay childcare for who is aged 7, his childcare costs at present total to around £3000 a year, and we rent our house £600 a month.

    Can you please give me information as to what I can apply for and what we are entitled to, as I have been informed that I can only receive £6701 each year?

    Thanks Faye Senior :confused:

    If you are studying a nursing diploma rather than a degree you will be entitled to a non means-tested bursary of around £7000 from the NHS to pay for living costs, and the NHS will also pay your tuition fees.

    As a result, you won't be eligible for any support from Student Finance England.

    Contact the NHS student bursaries unit for more advice on applying for this - it's non-repayable too, which is a bonus.

Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.