Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

''What is your favourite oriental food?'' watch

ReputationRep:
    Chinese is sooo yummy rices, chow meins, meats and veg's yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazybike)
    Beijing Duck all the way!

you gotta go to this special restaurant in Beijing to try that **** tho. Simply impressive.
    This, you've not tried chinese food until you've had this. Don't go to Quanjude though, it's rubbish

(Original post by chemical_bex)
    Yummm, me and my boyfriend have had Chinese a lot this week - albeit from Marks and Spencers

Stir-fry counts as oriental right? My favourite ever meal.
    Dim sum, dumplings, veg spring rolls, I had some rice wrapped in seaweed that was yummy too
    Stir fry is a method of cooking though, not a meal but hey, a bunch of stir fried vegetables is infinitely nicer than salad

Seeing as it's oriental, Korean food is good too - barbecues at the table, and cold noodles

ReputationRep:
    Crab Rangoon
    Spring rolls
    Fried rice
    Kung Pao Chi Ting

Perfection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Stir fry is a method of cooking though, not a meal but hey, a bunch of stir fried vegetables is infinitely nicer than salad
    Hah, yeah I must have been tired when I wrote that...I tend to use to blue dragon sauces, that makes it oriental, right?

ReputationRep:
    ramen
    udon
    sushi
    sashimi
    dim sum
    anything in black bean sauce
    anything in oyster sauce
    greens (bok choi and other leafy veg)
    spring rolls

:coma: its so great being asian

ReputationRep:
    Noodle soup

Hot and sour soup - but from a specific take-away near where my boyfriend lives. :love:

Lo mai gai - it's sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaves with a type of barbecue Chinese sausage inside... it's AMAZING.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.