Turn on thread page Beta

I think she likes me but she never initiates text. watch

(Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    You are not the girl I talk to are you? Cos I am recently not starting texts/messages too :eek::eek: LOL

I don't particularly start anymore because I want to give her a bit of space. I don't want attention but I want her to miss me and care for me (something I used to do for her for ages and ages). When she texts me I reply instantly with a big grin on my face . And I usually ask questions to get replies until I think that's probably enough.
    I don't know which one is more important but when I start conversations I'd like her to reply to me with the same caring tone of language. If she doesn't reply or is a bit cold, I get slightly upset :erm:
    Haha maybe I am....
    How long would you leave it not texting her?
    I was worried as I haven't seen this guy in 2 months (he's at uni) and we were going to meet up in easter and he said he liked me but now he only replies when I text and I'm afraid he's changed his mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    You are not the girl I talk to are you? Cos I am recently not starting texts/messages too :eek::eek: LOL

I don't particularly start anymore because I want to give her a bit of space. I don't want attention but I want her to miss me and care for me (something I used to do for her for ages and ages). When she texts me I reply instantly with a big grin on my face . And I usually ask questions to get replies until I think that's probably enough.
    I don't know which one is more important but when I start conversations I'd like her to reply to me with the same caring tone of language. If she doesn't reply or is a bit cold, I get slightly upset :erm:
    Probably just doesnt want to be seen to be too keen.

ReputationRep:
    People, just text the person you like - nothing will happen. Even if they get peeved off, they won't say it to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha maybe I am....
    How long would you leave it not texting her?
    I was worried as I haven't seen this guy in 2 months (he's at uni) and we were going to meet up in easter and he said he liked me but now he only replies when I text and I'm afraid he's changed his mind
    Oh no you're not the person I meant :rolleyes:
    I always tell myself I won't talk to her for like two months, but the furthest I managed was three weeks because I missed her after 2 weeks :teehee:

Personally I assume he's afraid that if he starts talking to you about meeting up, then he might look desperate to you. I highly doubt he has lost interest. If supposedly I was him, I would be over the moon if you texted me about meeting up because it showed firstly that you are also interested and secondly that you don't play games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so I went out with this girl, we had a good time (when i asked her if she wanted to go home she insisted on staying). In school she tries to grab my attention by grabbing my arm and smiles at me when i look at her. She even tells me she will skip a lesson to meet me this Wednesday...

but why, after all this, does she never ever text first?
    How often do you text her? Maybe you're texting her so often that she doesn't get the chance to text you first. I.E. by the time she thinks about texting you, you've already texted her again...

Just decrease the frequency at which you text her. Whatever you do, don't be predictable. For example: don't text her for a week, then text her a bunch, then don't text her for a few weeks. She'll wonder what's up and, if she wants to get in touch with you, she eventually will. If she never does, then go out and find someone who likes you enough to get in touch with you, 'cause it's not her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by String.)
    You obviously didn't satisfy the requirements.. :/
    Yeah probably. Girls are still ridiculous though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    :facepalm2: I think you've missed the point here...
    Evidently... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its mind games, its so that you want her to text you but then cave in and text her instead, I do it all the time as bad as that sounds

ReputationRep:
    Lol, better than being in my position, always initiates but doesn't like me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgoohan)
    She wants you to woo her and give her lots of attention and make her feel special, not to be your pal who texts you.
    Most replies here are ridiculous.
    Girls don't want a texting buddy. If you like the girl, ask her out! Stop with the game playing or read too deep into her quality of texts to you. Some girls can be like guys who are not into texting or talking too much but prefer in-person interaction. If you base communication primarily on texting and no human interaction, things will eventually die off.

I got tired being in this text-lationship with a guy I was interested in. He would text me everyday but never ask me out or ask to hang out. It was questionable whether he actually liked me or was using me as someone to talk to because he was bored. Even when I initiated texts or tries to get a conversation going, he would take a long time to reply me or reply me the next day. I eventually got tired of basing our contact primarily through texting that I had to cut things off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ugi)
    Most replies here are ridiculous.
    Girls don't want a texting buddy. If you like the girl, ask her out! Stop with the game playing or read too deep into her quality of texts to you. Some girls can be like guys who are not into texting or talking too much but prefer in-person interaction. If you base communication primarily on texting and no human interaction, things will eventually die off.

I got tired being in this text-lationship with a guy I was interested in. He would text me everyday but never ask me out or ask to hang out. It was questionable whether he actually liked me or was using me as someone to talk to because he was bored. Even when I initiated texts or tries to get a conversation going, he would take a long time to reply me or reply me the next day. I eventually got tired of basing our contact primarily through texting that I had to cut things off.
    This thread is so old...also, will you go out with me? =P

ReputationRep:
    I never thought women think this much about texts, usually I don't text and they end up texting me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.