Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Biology, Chemistry, History and English Literature. Too much of a heavy workload? watch

Hi, I'm thinking about doing these four at A level but I'm not sure whether they would be too hard, or rather, too unmanageable.
    I am thinking about maybe changing Chemistry to Geography if I decide that my current combination is too tricky.
    What do you think? Has anyone else taken subjects that are similar?

I hate all of these topics no offense. The workload is a lot for all the respectable subjects, there wouldnt be a point if they were all easy and chilled out

I'm taking Chemistry, Biology, EnglishLit, Maths, Psychology,
    and i find it completely manageable i have a ridiculous amount of spare time that sometimes i feel like i should take up something else
    i s'pose it would be a tighter squeeze if you were to do wider reading and early revision in all the subjects etc etc, but it's not at all impossible
    might as well go with it and if you find it too hard you can always drop one of your subjects in the first few weeks

I'm taking those three with geography instead of chemistry.
    It's been managable throughout the year with no problems, but when it comes to revision there is a lot of content to get through.. Less so for english literature but history, biology and geography together I find quite hard to take in all the relevant information. I'd just say try to make sure you take in all the information throughout the year, because it is so much easier come revision that way. For three of those subjects I have had a good year for but am now faced with tons of revision because half of the learning has gone out of my head. It's basically a memory game for those three.
    Can't tell you about Chemistry but the other four are managable together despite the large amount of content. Also be prepared for a lot of essays, I regularly got 3 a week and sometimes would have more on top of biology etc. although this could be because I had two teachers for english, history and geography though and therefore got more work from each.

I do all four of those subjects. It's fine.

I take Chemsitry, Biology, Physics and English Lit. The work load is fine, you just need to be organised.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.