Anonymous Declares War on Sony Watch

siddy_1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just read about this a little while ago and it has really interested me. How did all of this begin? Who is right and who is wrong?

http://bnbgaming.com/2011/04/05/anon...s-war-on-sony/

"The attack on Sony is considered to be part of Operation Payback, a plan to overflow the amount of traffic on the servers of companies that disowned the website WikiLeaks following the release of a substantial amount of confidential diplomatic cables. Under the group name “OpSony,” the first wave of attacks consisted of the DDoS of PlayStation.com and the PlayStation Store. However, the attacks have increased in severity. A smaller group from OpSony called “SonyRecon” has started to seek out the personal information of Sony’s employees, which range from a phone number, to a home address and even to the names of family members and other relatives."

"These attacks are only the beginning of what might be a lengthy conflict between the two groups. Anonymous claimed that Sony has abused the judicial system in order to censor information and also targeting customers for “merely possessing and sharing information.” The message ended with the warning “We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.”"

This is the video they posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSCUU4Fg9k
basketofsnakes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
link doesnt work
siddy_1990
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by basketofsnakes)
link doesnt work
Fixed.
j.laurence
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anonymous being /b/ ****?
chrislpp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
retards being retards
Salazar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Leave sony alone
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anonymous bore me now
Shortarse1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"They don't share our opinion therefore we must attack them"

That's how I see anonymous, just a bunch of cyber-terrorists with nothing better to do.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This has nothing to do with wikileaks.
This is to do with sony pursuing legal action against the guy who provided tools to "jailbreak" the PS3.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.46%
No (530)
60.78%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise