Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A little off subject, but have those that are applying for an NHS Bursary got their code yet? My information has got lost somewhere between the University and the Bursary

ReputationRep:
    Hi i haven't rec'd my student reference number yet so I phoned the NHS bursary and the have given me my number over the phone. I have only just today posted all the application off. Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelly247)
    Hi all, i had my interview last Wednesday for adult nursing and i am also starting in September, so excited

Does anyone else live in Doncaster?
    Hiya!

I'm studying adult nursing at Hull in September 2011! =).

I live in Doncaster, Will you be commuting?

xXxXx

ReputationRep:
    Amy,
    I live in crowle just off side of M180 so if you're commuting it's a good place to stop off at and car share.....? I think kelly lives in Thorne and so again she could also car share.........? Some good possibilities Any money saved is a good thing xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was thinking of commuting on the train to Hull, but am up for car sharing any money saved is always good

ReputationRep:
    I think there's also a lady who lives in Rotherham too and so 4 of us - we'd probably only need to drive the whole way once a week ....

I was thinking ladies - how do you feel about us all meeting up before starting somewhere...? Haven't really any idea where but know it would make me feel less nervous about the whole 1st day thing...? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I have sent my certificates off to get my grades confirmed, does anyone have any idea how long it should take to receive reference number for Nhs Bursary or a form through for occupational health check? Also, does anyone know which I should hear from 1st? I have filled in Bursary form, just waiting on reference number. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My occupational health form came first but I have only just had my meeting with them yesterday - nothing to it they just talk you through your form (that you send back prior to the meeting).

It was within 2 weeks of sending my last certificate in that I got the letter from the Bursary people with the reference number on it.

hth - Donna x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Donna, I just want everything in place now so I feel like it is really happening lol have you received anything else from Hull regarding the course?
    Jo xx

ReputationRep:
    No, nothing else but according to a friend of mine that's doing midwifry in Sept - the welcome packs get sent out mid to end of August.

I also got an email yesterday, as I am a mature student, inviting me on a free study skills course on thurs 15th and Fri 16th sept - if anyone interested in me forwarding the email as no personal invite required - open to all mature students - then PM with your email address

Also I asked the mature student advisor about the mature student welcome day and she sent me the date of that - again PM me about this

Would love to know what our time table is so I could work out my childcare properly as feel so unsorted ....

Anyone know if we get a toll bridge pass for everyday or just when going on placement if required....? If not will have to allow enough travelling time perhaps to go other way round....?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, I think I will be attending that study skills workshop.. I have just done an Access course, but I would like some insight into what is expected for written work at Uni. 1 more quick question, after sending your Nhs Bursary form how long did it take for it all to become sorted? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't sent my bursary form off yet as I'm off on holiday next week and I need my passport and driving license while I'm away so they advised not send it off as they were worried they wouldn't get them back to me in time. They said there was no rush so don't panic

The letter says they process and return your documents within 10 working days and then it takes upto 20 working days to process your claim.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's put my mind at ease, thanks again! Have a great holiday xx

ReputationRep:
    i applied through clearing i have my interview for mental health nursing on wednesday !! so nervous was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips to help me through it and what sort of questions i will be asked

charlotte

ReputationRep:
    Helloo, my name is mila im 19 from barnsley.
    I will be starting my adult nursing course in september, i currently have a room in one of the student houses at hull. however what i really want to do is live at home. so just wondering if anyone who was starting the course lived close to barnsley/pontefract and was also planning on living at home.

ReputationRep:
    if you have no luck on here a new facebook page has been set up
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/276511735698007/
    for all student nurses starting at Hull in September you could ask on there too.....It would save you so much money, so, goodluck xx

ReputationRep:
    hello, just a quick message to say, hope you all enjoy your time at Hull Uni and I may even see you around some time.

all the best
    Lisa xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.