Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The next **** who says that line is a massive ****er, just like all the other cocks who said it previously. It isn't funny.

****ers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha that's weird, and I do live in the north of england

But I'm 99.999% sure she doesn't have an older sister! :P

And yeah I understand your points. I'm not stupid with things like compliments, I know limits and boundaries, I've complimented her on photos maybe 2 times, thrice at maximum. I think I'm just going to go what you said, ask her out somewhere that's not me being too pushy - just to hang out. I really get confused with her. Sometimes I think she'd not like me in that way at all but then comes out with things like 'Aww you're the sweetest guy ever'.

I know a friend can be 'sweet' but why would a girl want to go out with anyone but the 'sweetest guy ever'. You girls are too confusing with your signals.

Overall, thanks for the advice!
    Hahah! Oh dear...! Lets just say if my sister suddenly starts talking to me about this guy in the year above asking her out you'd better be worried Ahahahah! I'll HAVE to ask her now! Lmao! This is too much of a coincidence hahah! I would say good luck but then again.... >_<

Glad you found the advice useful hahah! Also, to be honest, I think everyone's "signals" are confusing. If everyone knew what everyone else thougt/felt life would be a little bit boring and perhaps a bit more painful and with none of the intrigue hahah! Bon chance!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try asking her if she wants to go out sometime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    ****er

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I like this uniformity going on tonight...

ReputationRep:
    I am fully convinced that TSR is now a place for trolls, bored students and horny men (like me :ahee:)

On a lighter note:

Seriously OP that's the only way. THERE is no other way. Unless you are rich and bribe her, in which case she's a gold digger and You'll soon start to hear Jamie Foxx around the corner singing...-

Just ask go ask her out already you absolute spoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzaz)
    Hahah! Oh dear...! Lets just say if my sister suddenly starts talking to me about this guy in the year above asking her out you'd better be worried Ahahahah! I'll HAVE to ask her now! Lmao! This is too much of a coincidence hahah! I would say good luck but then again.... >_<
    Awkward turtles if its the same girl.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not entirely sure if what you're doing is the right thing yet! because it sounds like you got a good relationship going on if you get on well etc. but if i saw a guy not very regularly and he was in the year above, and we talked the majority of the time via like... technology, and he was always saying how good i look, i might be a bit unnerved? not because it's a bad thing to do but just because it might make me feel slightly self concious. so maybe that's what she is right now. maybe stop with the DIRECT compliments, though having said that i'm not sure exactly what you've been saying, so maybe ignore this. but anyway if she keeps reacting awkwardly then i say stop doing it! keep talking to her etc but at the beginning of a relationship i think a little bit more mystery is important, even if she likes you back.
    my friend really liked this guy but he was constantly texting her and messaging her; he was a really good guy and they both liked each other but she felt it was a bit much and wasn't very enthusiastic replying? so maybe keep talking to her but ease away a tiny bit, but i do agree with asking her out!

sorry that was long and rambly. but i hope you get what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    wait i havent read the whole thread- someone might've said the same thing. but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to congratulate everybody who made this thread such a success. Very well played. :yep:

Welcome to TSR, OP. Any other questions?

(Original post by alasicannotswim)
    i'm not entirely sure if what you're doing is the right thing yet! because it sounds like you got a good relationship going on if you get on well etc. but if i saw a guy not very regularly and he was in the year above, and we talked the majority of the time via like... technology, and he was always saying how good i look, i might be a bit unnerved? not because it's a bad thing to do but just because it might make me feel slightly self concious. so maybe that's what she is right now. maybe stop with the DIRECT compliments, though having said that i'm not sure exactly what you've been saying, so maybe ignore this. but anyway if she keeps reacting awkwardly then i say stop doing it! keep talking to her etc but at the beginning of a relationship i think a little bit more mystery is important, even if she likes you back.
    my friend really liked this guy but he was constantly texting her and messaging her; he was a really good guy and they both liked each other but she felt it was a bit much and wasn't very enthusiastic replying? so maybe keep talking to her but ease away a tiny bit, but i do agree with asking her out!

sorry that was long and rambly. but i hope you get what i mean.

Well someone did say something similar to this but it's not like I've complimented her loads. Once in person because she was like 'eurghh my hair looks horrible today' and so... And a couple of photos I complimented on - 3 at most.

And I don't constantly message her or anything, I'd say it was an even split or even she initiates the text/message more often than I do...

ReputationRep:
    Why not even her and see if she wants to go then to?

ReputationRep:
    ps. bump.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try asking her if she wants to blow out sometime?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.