The Student Room Group

Worst football pundits / commentators?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Erm, are we all forgetting infamous Tactics Truck?

It's Andy "I'll tell you what" Townsend for worst pundit all the way.
Reply 41
It's definetly Stan Collymore. This is what he just said about 31 years old Pablo Aimar at half time in the Benfica PSV game.
"Terrific young lad, he'll end up at Barca or Milan".
Clive Tyldsley (sp). Ruined FIFA
Reply 43
ray wilkins
andy townsend
david pleat
mark lawro
alan shearer
*all channel 5 commentators

BRING BACK ANDY GRAY!
Reply 44
Jonathan Pearce

I used to love him on Robot Wars, now he's just a bias tosser.

Best: Dean Windass
Reply 45
Gareth Southgate.
How has no one mentioned Steve Claridge yet?!
Reply 47
Ray Wilkins, Chris Coleman, just to name a couple.
the one who normally does it on ITV ECL matches pisses me off so much, but I am unsure of his name. I would rather listen to the radio and turn the commentary off
Reply 49
Original post by 419
It's definetly Stan Collymore. This is what he just said about 31 years old Pablo Aimar at half time in the Benfica PSV game.

haha brilliant
Reply 50
Chris kamara is great if you don't mind not having a clue whats going on. Paul Merson is a pet hate he knows nothing about football and can't convey a single opinion coherently he is just a joke.

As for the best it has to be martin tyler really doesn't he sums it all up well and says what your thinking like when fabregas tried that awesome backheel against barça.
Original post by 419

Pretty sure he was talking about Coentrao there coz I felt relieved people were paying attention after how well he did in the WC.
Reply 52
this is such a hard question! There's so many terrible ones.

Lots of people are slagging off ITV, and I agree, except I must give Clive Tyldesley, who I think is an extremely good commentator. I also like Martin Tyler.

The worst? Wow... Wilkins springs to mind for obvious reasons. He just never got his point across. I think he wanted the Tottenham players to stay on their feet, but I wasn't quite sure.

Chris Coleman was terrible on the West Ham vs Liverpool game, and I thought he would be my new pet hate, but I thought he said some good things in the England vs Wales Game.

George Burley is also pretty bad. He's so boring.

But Wilkins tips it for me, for his stunning perfomance on Tuesday Night.
Reply 53
Original post by HSG1992
Pretty sure he was talking about Coentrao there coz I felt relieved people were paying attention after how well he did in the WC.

No he was definetly referring to Aimar because he also mentioned the first goal.
And you are right, Coentrao is class act and a lot of people who know football knows this. Hope he ends up at Arsenal :tongue:
Adrian Chiles, hosting ITV's World Cup coverage last year :facepalm:
Adrian Chiles 100% the worst
The funniest either Kammy or Dean Windass on Soccer Saturday hes so bad its hilarious.
Reply 56
Adrian Chiles, tries to turn everything into a joke and spends more time commentating on people in the crowd than about football; which is just as well seeing as he knows nothing about it.

Paul Merson is a tit as well.
Reply 57
Shearer.

On Ben Arfa:

"We know almost nothing about him"

No Alan. YOU know almost nothing about him.
Reply 58
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
the one who normally does it on ITV ECL matches pisses me off so much, but I am unsure of his name. I would rather listen to the radio and turn the commentary off

Jim Beglin.
Reply 59
After that performance on the Spurs game Its gotta be Ray 'Stay on your feet' Wilkins

Quick Reply

Latest