Turn on thread page Beta

Worst football pundits / commentators? watch

• View Poll Results: Worst Pundits/ Commentators?
    David Pleat
    11.90%
    Ray Wilkins
    17.86%
    Alan Hansen
    2.38%
    Alan Shearer
    14.29%
    Mark Lawrence
    14.29%
    Andy Townsend
    13.10%
    Jaime Redknapp
    4.76%
    Other(please specify)
    21.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Nafe)
    Gareth Southgate.
    Quite possibly the most boring man the world has ever seen!

ReputationRep:
    Adrian Chiles, no question. He's just terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Lawro. He trys to be an academic, using words like apopletic in unnecessary situations. Most of the football watchers won't know what these words mean. He's also just a cocky idiot. Why so many votes for shearer??

ReputationRep:
    Err...Adrian Chiles is a presenter, not a pundit/commentator. Admittedly, he doesn't fit the bill well.

I don't watch MOTD anymore due to the banalness of everything about it - presenter, pundits, commentators - YUCK.

Sky scores quite well atm. Jamie Redknapp is pretty good as a pundit; his dad at spurs and cousin at chelsea give him much insight, so he's one of the few decent pundits imo. Also one of the few to get vexed up so much at times.

Alan Green. Can't stand the guy.

ReputationRep:
    Jim Beglin

ReputationRep:
    Garth Crooks. How a man can make a living out of knowing f*** all about football I do not know!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ton-final.html

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Pleat - Who the **** is Chimbomba and Nicola Anelka!? Mong.

Alan Smith - General prick.

On another note...

Andy Gray - Best pundit ever, will never be topped. Sky are *****es.

ReputationRep:
    as in title.

ReputationRep:
    Andy Townsend...the guy's a prick. He sides with one team and completely slates off the other. Hardly a commentator.

ReputationRep:
    Alan Green by a country mile.

He spends all the time he should be commentating on furthering his own silly points of view about Prawn Sandwiches and the like. Quite how he has managed to stay on Radio 5 all this time is more of an indictment on the BBC than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    The worst is yet to come.
    I've cancelled Sky since they announced Neville is joining them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatest21)
    Andy Townsend...the guy's a prick. He sides with one team and completely slates off the other. Hardly a commentator.
    This. During the derby he actually said "fortunately United didn't score"

ReputationRep:
    Andy Gray, thank god he's gone

And I actually think Ray Wilkins is quite good seems to know what he's talking about but hey, I'm used to Andy Gray

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Ray Wilkins is that bad as a pundit, when he's sat with the presenter giving his opinions on a game. He does come across quite well compared to Redknapp/Souness but in commentary, he just seems to turn into a different person but that's because live commentary is pretty much non stop and you're most likely to make a tit out of yourself there and then being sat in the pundit's chair where you can have time for arguments or an idea on what you're going to say.

ReputationRep:
    Worst: Ray Wilkins.

Best: Alan Parry (I think that's his name).

ReputationRep:
    Worst: Ray Wilkins

Best by far = RAY HUDSON - He is amazing <3 watch him on GOLTV some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkagpK0g-g4

ReputationRep:
    Today in Schalke vs Manchester United match, Souness has been bad.

ReputationRep:
    ^Yeah, he can't do live match commentary. Just didn't sound him. Sky must rue the loss of Gray because they have to replace them awful ones like Souness and others.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.