Turn on thread page Beta

why did he act this way? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive been speaking to this guy called gareth I mfirst spoke to from dating website im on. I added him on msn and then skype. Sunday we texted loads throughout the day and was planning to go and meet him for a coffee in town. He told me he had only just moved to nottingham this past week and wants new friends here. Old town was lincoln so we added each other on facebook, (he suggested I add him).

he put his webcam on we spoke n had a laugh together

i went oon facebook monday and added one of his friends that was on his friends list called em thought she looked like a kool girl to be friends with also. Then he text me today while I was at work saying I am not best pleased you adding people off my friends list that u dont even know. i asked him what he was doing today n he answered my question at the end.

got abit annoyed that he got mad at me for adding this girl and felt bit down after how good wed got on the previous day.
    my friends say he is too complicated if he has a problem after talking for a few days

was i wrong to do that, iv done it few other times though with other friends ive added on there and didnt get this response back like his

has anyone else ever done this and had the same thing happen to them
    just want some other opinions as to if I WAS wrong to of added this girl or

thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    it is a little odd to add people from other people's friends list you don't know ..... probably thought you were being over-eager and invading his private life... who knows???

ReputationRep:
    I would be abit uncomfortable with a girl I add from a dating website to add a friend of mine from facebook when I haven't had a chance to even get to know the said girl properly.

Your way of approaching people for friendship is abit odd.

ReputationRep:
    i went oon facebook monday and added one of his friends that was on his friends list called em thought she looked like a kool girl to be friends with

you rang this girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SN-RAVER)
    i went oon facebook monday and added one of his friends that was on his friends list called em thought she looked like a kool girl to be friends with

you rang this girl?
    Maybe the girl is named Em?

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeah it is a bit weird for you to add someone you really don't know? maybe he was good friends with her or something?

ReputationRep:
    Well you're the stupid one adding random people you don't know

:troll:

ReputationRep:
    "she looked like a kool girl"
    Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's a little weird that you added her considering you didn't know her but it's also quite weird that he made such an issue of it. It's not really that bigger deal.

ReputationRep:
    i think he thought you were being a bit creepy by adding his friend
    I thought that you adding her was a little creepy..

ReputationRep:
    yeah her names em and i didnt ring her

i said teh girl was called em as in emily u dweebs lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry_popx)
    yeah her names em and i didnt ring her

i said teh girl was called em as in emily u dweebs lol
    Did you seriously just type that? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah was pretty odd you just added his friend who you didn't know, for all you know she could be his ex or maybe even current gf. He might not want people finding out how you met. Did seem a bit invasive and eager.

ReputationRep:
    adding friends from a guy you don't really know is strange, but whatever floats your boat. some people do it. don't really know why, but they do. his reaction was stranger though.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

You're in the wrong. You shouldn't add someone on facebook that you don't even know. It's a bit weird.

Geezus, what's wrong with just adding people you actually know in real life?

ReputationRep:
    Re: Why did OP act this way?

ReputationRep:
    why are you all taking the mickey out of my spelling its my keyboard some of the keys are stiff on it!

ive learned my lesson

always being made the fool arnt I

ReputationRep:
    'kool', welcome back 2005 msn-speak.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, dislike friend requests from people I don't know and secondly, if he does not want you probing in his life to an extent where you are speaking to his friends then that is his decision to make.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be weirded out if someone I knew for a matter of days added my friends..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.