The Student Room Group

I don't understand how girls pick partners

This topic isn't about me but I'll use me as an example. I've asked out so many girls and they've all replied "we're too much like friends, I don't want to ruin or friendship". In fact, every single girl I've asked out has turned me down.

Now I'm wondering then, how the hell do they pick their partners? Do they pick people who are not their friends i.e complete strangers? Would they prefer to date someone they don't know much over a friend who they know will treat them right and enjoy being with?

What's the difference if a guy and a girl spend a lot of time together then become a couple?

I know that sometimes it's the truth but a lot of times I know that this is because the guy is unattractive or not their "type". But personally I would prefer the truth. Do people fear what would happen if they broke up? Can't people just act mature because it only becomes "awkward" if you make it so. For example, I can talk to a girl after I ask them out yet they act as if it's the strangest thing ever almost as if they think they should because that's the procedure or something.

Scroll to see replies

Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type.
Reply 2
Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type.
Original post by Dekota-XS

Saw you in the other thread... are you just repeating everything you say?
I guess I'm gonna have to say

Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type
Original post by rachelll=)

Original post by Straight up G
I guess I'm gonna have to say

Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type

Wtf?
Agree with the above reply.

Maybe she is just not that into you.

Some girl actually mean it though when she say she doesnt want to ruin friendship.

But yeah, if I was to say that to someone it would be because I don't see him as a BF/dont have any feeling for him.

Sometimes, or most of the time, it could be because the guy is not attractive. (well, to her, no..)
Reply 7
Original post by Miss Behaving
Wtf?

Just trying to make a point :smile:
I disagee with the other posts.

I'd say that...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Miss Behaving
Wtf?

Just because everyone else said it. But honestly, I'm not just a crowdfollower :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Sorry bro but 'lets just be friends' means 'i find you about as attractive as a toad'
Reply 11
I would go for a guy if:
a) I met him and felt a spark between us.
b) We were friends and realised we were both becoming mutually attracted to one another.

I would not go for a guy if:
a) I met him and I felt no attraction toward him.
b) We were friends and I wasn't attracted to him at all, and saw him strictly as a friend.

Why do guys find this so hard to grasp?
Yay to Social Conformity.

Reply 14
Reply 15
You're a guy, you're not supposed to :smartass:
Reply 17
Reply 18
Reply 19
"Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type."
this ^

Also sometimes I think girls genuinely mean it, cause ykno if you break up its pretty likely it will ruin the friendship and hey who wants to lose friends tbh.

But on the whole if a girl really liked you she would take the risk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending