Turn on thread page Beta

Is it me being stupid or him being inconsiderate of my feelings? watch

we're in a LDR. so i feel communication is very important but he thinks otherwise...

Basically i'm always the first to msg my boyfriend, he never starts one. And yes i do give him chance to, but it never happens. He said i was msging him too much. When in fact it was 1-2 msgs a day, no more. So i was like are you serious!? and so i listened and only msg once every few days, if that sometimes.

I'll just wait till hes online, i don't bother msging him night or morning anymore because most of time he never replied. It would just be nice to get a random first msg off him for a change, but no!

anyway today i've been at college all day 9 till 5. he's been doing nothing. he did a fb status about 3-4pm, but never msged me (i havent msged him either today, but like i said from before, i'm doing it less). well i know hes at poker 7-1 ish tonight, so won't be online. So he had the chance to msg me today but didn't. I'm really annoyed tbh, btw people he's never got credit, so texting isn't an option.

i've brung up it a few times to him and thinks i'm trying to argue all time, which i'm not, just want to discuss it. he says we can't talk loads, because they'd be nothing to talk about and we'd get bored. i said well if we made effort i'm sure we'd find lots of things to talk about.

he also says i get mad when he see's his friends, which i don't, its the fact he doesn't msg before he goes out with them or something and he can't when hes out because of no cred on his phone. i don't care about him seeing friends, he can all he wants. so i'm left waiting, not knowing whether to msg. but because i complain he hasnt msged he thinks i don't want him seeing his friends which is not true! a simple msg takes a few mins

thoughts anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You can either chill, or put him to the test: see how long it takes for him to message you without messaging him first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    we're in a LDR. so i feel communication is very important but he thinks otherwise...

Basically i'm always the first to msg my boyfriend, he never starts one. And yes i do give him chance to, but it never happens. He said i was msging him too much. When in fact it was 1-2 msgs a day, no more. So i was like are you serious!? and so i listened and only msg once every few days, if that sometimes.

I'll just wait till hes online, i don't bother msging him night or morning anymore because most of time he never replied. It would just be nice to get a random first msg off him for a change, but no!

anyway today i've been at college all day 9 till 5. he's been doing nothing. he did a fb status about 3-4pm, but never msged me (i havent msged him either today, but like i said from before, i'm doing it less). well i know hes at poker 7-1 ish tonight, so won't be online. So he had the chance to msg me today but didn't. I'm really annoyed tbh, btw people he's never got credit, so texting isn't an option.

i've brung up it a few times to him and thinks i'm trying to argue all time, which i'm not, just want to discuss it. he says we can't talk loads, because they'd be nothing to talk about and we'd get bored. i said well if we made effort i'm sure we'd find lots of things to talk about.

he also says i get mad when he see's his friends, which i don't, its the fact he doesn't msg before he goes out with them or something and he can't when hes out because of no cred on his phone. i don't care about him seeing friends, he can all he wants. so i'm left waiting, not knowing whether to msg. but because i complain he hasnt msged he thinks i don't want him seeing his friends which is not true! a simple msg takes a few mins

thoughts anyone?
    *brought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    You can either chill, or put him to the test: see how long it takes for him to message you without messaging him first.
    What he said.
    If it takes too long, I would say he doesn't really care as much about you as you care about him (sorry, on the bright side I may be wrong)

ReputationRep:
    Honest opinion? He sounds like a ****. Why would you bother with a guy like that?

ReputationRep:
    You sound so f**kin needy.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to break it to you, but he's probably not interested anymore. I'd break it off now before it gets too messy. Just say you don't feel enough effort is going into the relationship for it to reasonably continue. Cold, but true.

ReputationRep:
    This.

If you feel that you'd have to "force" him to message you, then he doesn't want to do it. If he doesn't want to talk to you..... is it time to break up?

ReputationRep:
    This.

A guy I was with once was like this, I always made conversation so I left it, hard to do i know, but after a few days, he came back refreshed and ready to chat

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but my girlfriend used to be the same, not in a LDR but during the holidays we basically are.

You text him far too much, only text him when you have something interesting to say. Wait for him to text you, you're doting on him far too much, enough to put any guy off.

He won't send you a random text because that'll just encourage you to pester him further, if you wait a while I bet you he will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueJoker)
    Sorry to break it to you, but he's probably not interested anymore. I'd break it off now before it gets too messy. Just say you don't feel enough effort is going into the relationship for it to reasonably continue. Cold, but true.
    This is thecond thread on which you reply a split second before I do. It's getting creepy on this side of the screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    This is thecond thread on which you reply a split second before I do. It's getting creepy on this side of the screen
    Yeah, I'm looking through your window and doing it deliberately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueJoker)
    Yeah, I'm looking through your window and doing it deliberately.

Lol. I knew it!! You can come pick up the binoculars you left on my garden whenever you want xD

ReputationRep:
    Does sounds like he's being overly non communicative. I mean I'll always send a good morning text to my girlfriend, if I have a lie in and it's after say 11 she'll have sent one to me. We also talk on MSN a fair bit, sometimes we don't have a lot to say and he does have a point in that if you're always talking every day there's not as much new stuff to talk about, but often we'll just joke about or play those MSN games and such. A day or two without communication isn't really an issue I don't think, but if it's longer then that it would seem he's not that bothered.

As said though an idea would be to not send any texts or anything to him and see how long it takes him to reply. He knows you'll always be sending him messages and so if you suddenly stop he might notice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.