Turn on thread page Beta

What to do with myself! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys and gals,

Id appreciate some feedback and ideas because im just not sure what the hell to do with myself lately,Ive thought hard and no good ideas are comming.

So basicly,Im fed up....always depressed and restless,I need change!

I want a change in jobs/Lifestyle etc....im 22,Male,live with the parents...stock shelves for a living and have anxiety....that pretty much sums me up.:rolleyes:

Ive thought about going to collage or something,Studying I.T/technology etc something along those lines,But then it got me thinking whats the point....theres not the jobs out there or in my area....infact theres hardly any jobs these days...i feel trapped and not sure what to do because no matter what i think up there does not seem any point because of how things are atm. :ashamed2:

i dunno?

ReputationRep:
    Mindmap your interests as well as things you'd like to learn/do in the future as it'll give you something physically to reflect on.

The IT thing is an excellent idea - don't let the fact that there may not be any related jobs in the area deter you. There is a point to everything and just because you may not see it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Your situation reminds me a little of the narrator in Naive. Super by Erlend Loe. Read it; it's not a long book, it's beautifully written and very straight to the point and it may put things in perspective for you.

Best of luck *hug*

ReputationRep:
    hi thanks for replying,

About mindmapping interests,Im wondering exactly how this will help me,You say "physically to reflect on"?

That book you mention Naive. Super seems intresting actually i might buy that,Its on Amazon for around £5 which isnt bad....i dont actually read any books so thats something diffrent to do for a start.

Ive thought about going to see a Psychiatrist to help sort my head out and see if they can help out with my anxiety,But ....?

ReputationRep:
    Btw i have purchased that book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempron)
    hi thanks for replying,

About mindmapping interests,Im wondering exactly how this will help me,You say "physically to reflect on"?

That book you mention Naive. Super seems intresting actually i might buy that,Its on Amazon for around £5 which isnt bad....i dont actually read any books so thats something diffrent to do for a start.

Ive thought about going to see a Psychiatrist to help sort my head out and see if they can help out with my anxiety,But ....?
    Well, I don't know about you, but I find physically looking at things to be of a great advantage so I can think about what I've wrote. Personal thing really but give it a try, write down everything you'd like to try/learn and some of the possible routes you'd like to go down. Then from there you can cross off any you're not keen on etc and add ones on too

Yay! It's a bargain and it's definitely a book you'll want to read again and again.

I'd give it a try. Psychiatrists and psychotherapists will help you understand where you're at and they may suggest CBT for your anxiety. I went to see my psychologist on Monday and she described something that you may find useful/interesting - about how we are born 'whole' like an egg but the shell starts to crack away as we age from various different factors. It was quite overwhelming at the time, but it made a lot of sense when she put it into context

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.