Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Although the East Asians are next in line to rule the world, which is lucky for us because we haven't yet pissed off the East Asians, just kept it neutral.
    Perhaps.

Not sure China was too keen when we (and other Western powers) colonized some Chinese territories. The Opium Wars didn't help either.

But then that was a while ago. idk.

ReputationRep:
    Although the East Asians are next in line to rule the world, which is lucky for us because we haven't yet pissed off the East Asians, just kept it neutral. The day Africa or the Middle East comes to the power is the day the tables are turned.
    Ha this would be VERY interesting to see everyone aplogise for slavery and suck black people's cocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    suck people's cocks.
    The perks of being in power eh?

ReputationRep:
    White people are cleverer, it's in our DNA!

ReputationRep:
    will the tables turn so that one day animals will rule the world again......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erklam)
    China is the future.
    Yes but it's communist system won't work for long. Sooner or later they'd have to give in to democratic change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    Ha this would be VERY interesting to see everyone aplogise for slavery and suck black people's cocks.
    Many white women do this already. Society makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil is very up and coming. Incredibly mixed society.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dynasty)
    Tell that to the Chinese and Indians. Who both seem able to create the same technology or better tech for much less cost.

ReputationRep:
    The civilisations that went before may have been large and prosperous, but they did not have internets, aeroplanes, electric guitars, McDonalds etc.

Anyway, you're all very far behind when compared to the Galactic Empire.

ReputationRep:
    The West is dominate 'physically' the Chinese dominate economically. 'We' The West do the talking while Chinese make new money for themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynasty)
    Not according to national IQ averages.

ReputationRep:
    Many white women do this already. Society makes me sick.
    Why because they aren't sucking your ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NO ONE)
    Yes but it's communist system won't work for long. Sooner or later they'd have to give in to democratic change.
    That does not rebut what I said. There could be a potential regime change but that might not prevent growth (if it does, it only shows the possible flaw of democracies). But anyway, look at the example of Singapore: there is no democracy as it is in Europe but it is still one of the most developed countries in the world, with the best quality of life in Asia, one of the highest life expectancies in the world, and the biggest economic growth in the world last year. So democracy might not be the answer for everything.

[I can only wish I won't get replies about how North Korea is suffering as well as many other non-democracies- I know]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erklam)
    That does not rebut what I said. There could be a potential regime change but that might not prevent growth (if it does, it only shows the possible flaw of democracies). But anyway, look at the example of Singapore: there is no democracy as it is in Europe but it is still one of the most developed countries in the world, with the best quality of life in Asia, one of the highest life expectancies in the world, and the biggest economic growth in the world last year. So democracy might not be the answer for everything.

[I can only wish I won't get replies about how North Korea is suffering as well as many other non-democracies- I know]
    Yeah mon. Democracy isn't necessary for economic success, Hong Kong being another example.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you are sadly mistaken, many (NOT all) European countries like Britain and France took off with trade and then imperialism and colonization. Look before the 1500s Asia dominated nearly throughout all ages (apart from the Roman empire) the Ming, Tang and previous dynasties were the kings of the world. Western countries would die to get a trade route so that they could trade with these countries. China,India and the east were the rich ones. Civilizations rise and fall its just that we are close to the fall of the white man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Tell that to the Chinese and Indians. Who both seem able to create the same technology or better tech for much less cost.
    Cheap labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Bold part emphasizes the point.
    Hmm... what about the Romans, or the classical Greeks?

What did the ancient Chinese do apart from invent the compass, gunpowder or paper money? Most of our politics, science, philosophy, arts, etc. comes from Europe. Even most countries legal structures are European in origin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Well there you have it, Europeans haven't "developed" (certainly not biologically) before anyone else, it's simply that at this current juncture in history Western Europe and North America happen to be the dominant force in the world because we control the most amount of capital. Give it another few decades and perhaps we'll be superseded by China and India.

This is historically not a new concept, since empires have risen and fell for millenia, it's simply "our" turn now to flourish. 2000 years ago these selfsame "progressive" Europeans were simply an outpost of the Roman Empire....mere colonies.

Even Europe's rise is relatively recent and short lived when you compare the past 500 years to thousands of years of domination by the Egyptians, Persians and Chinese, Europe pales into insignificance.
    LOL Europe pales into insignificance oh dear you do have a deluded hatred of the west don't you how can you even start to compare anything from past empires and peoples to the accomplishments of the west that have given the world everything that is modern and good in the world, on our watch mankind has gone forward in leaps and bounds, never in the history of the world has mankind ever evolved technology as fast as we have in the west

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    And Japan has MUCH more advanced technology then Europe (and even the USA in some cases),
    No it doesn't. They are more advanced in robotics, and that's about it. Remember, Gundam isn't real.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.