Turn on thread page Beta

Cancelling EasyJet flights - is it worth it? watch

ReputationRep:
    I booked 2 flights for me and my boyfriend to barcelona in june for 4 nights. However, we're now going to the next town up in august for 2 weeks, and so don't particularly want to go twice. I can see online that I can transfer flights, and change passengers names, but I can't find anywhere to cancel them. Looking at it though, it seems that if I cancel them, I have to pay a fee. What would happen if I just don't turn up for my flights? Can they fine me or anything? or just cancel the return flight too?
    Is it worth just going anyway? As it'll probably cost the same to transfer them to somewhere else, as it would to book accom in Barcelona.....
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Easyjet are a non refundable company though. I'm not worried about getting the money back as I know that's practically impoble, I just don't want to be charged for cancelling my flights on top of what I've already paid. The only reason I haven't called yet is because it's ridiculously expensive to call etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kayla:))
    Easyjet are a non refundable company though. I'm not worried about getting the money back as I know that's practically impoble, I just don't want to be charged for cancelling my flights on top of what I've already paid. The only reason I haven't called yet is because it's ridiculously expensive to call etc.
    It is a non-refundable airline. This should not mean they charge for cancellation though! I mean, you are doing them a favor, letting the seat be taken by someone else. Are you sure you have to pay to cancel flights (and that it isn't something to do with re-claiming taxes (which apparently you can do but its a pain and barely worth it).

If you do have to pay, don't turn up. They can't fine you. Or just go anyway - it probably won't cost that much more than living at home!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by nexttime)
    It is a non-refundable airline. This should not mean they charge for cancellation though! I mean, you are doing them a favor, letting the seat be taken by someone else and making sure they don't prepare too many meals etc. Are you sure you have to pay to cancel flights (and that it isn't something to do with re-claiming taxes (which apparently you can do but its a pain and barely worth it).

If you do have to pay, don't turn up. They can't fine you. Or just go anyway - it probably won't cost that much more than living at home!
    Have you ever flown with Easyjet? lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Have you ever flown with Easyjet? lol
    edited!

ReputationRep:
    You can try changing the flight completely. Although I'm not sure if that'll save you any money.

ReputationRep:
    "If you do not turn up for your flight on time or at all, or do not turn up at the hotel at all you will be subject to cancellation charges of 100% of the amount paid." Re: 15.15

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/conditions.html

ReputationRep:
    That surely means they won't refund you?

I'm sure somewhere I read that there is a regulation stating that if you don't turn up for your flight, you are entitled to claim the APD back from EasyJet. Seeing as taxes make up most of the fare, you'd be better off just not turning up and claiming that back!

ReputationRep:
    Just gave cancelling a go.
    Forget about trying to find a cancellation button, or a number to call from your own easyjet account. You have to dig so deep its a joke. So a basic Google-fu helped me find the customer support number in one click.
    I booked a round trip for about 170 euros. That includes roughly:
    - 70 Euros per flight, so 140 euros for the tickets and that includes the credit card fee.
    - 27,00 for a hold luggage.
    The agent was unhelpful. Not worth commenting on it, I dont understand why we have to deal with such aggressive & poor service quality at this day and age. That call was enough to help me decide never to consider that company again.
    As of this date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 36 euros per passenger per flight.
    So text book says, I'll be refunded 50 Euros (out of 170) in 5-7 working days.
    I Hope this is helpful information.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take them off your hands :P

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.