Turn on thread page Beta

Do I have too high standards for a relationship? watch

So basically I go to a Comprehensive school, and I would not say I am the average Comprehensive student. I love politics. I love world cinema. I love discussing philosophy, debating, and I also revise, unlike quite a lot of other students in my school. Despite this, I have loads of friends and do well in school. But unfortunately, I have never been in a committed relationship. I've asked girls I like out, but they've said no, but whenever girls ask me out I say no as I never like them, or haven't in the past. I've been told that I am quite handsome, but still nothing, no relationships. I really want a girlfriend who likes the same things I do, but the thing is I am starting to think that the girls in my school won't be interested in those topics. I go to social events and things, and often talk to hot girls who also like these stuff, but then after the events life goes on as usual, even if I talk to them on Facebook.

Are my standards too high, or not?

ReputationRep:
    Hot girls who like politics, debating and revising.... shouldn't be too difficult...

ReputationRep:
    You sound like Kurt off Glee.

ReputationRep:
    PM random TSR girls with this emote:

:wannastop:

BAM! Insta-pussy!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, you're still young.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Was the thing about going to a comprehensive school really a necessary detail? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I hope whoever told you you were handsome wasn't your mother

ReputationRep:
    If you;re only at school you're still really really young. Dont worry about a relationship right now, they're usually more trouble than they're worth anyway. Have fun and dont go looking for it, it will happen on its own

(Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    I hope whoever told you you were handsome wasn't your mother
    nope lots of girls from school, it's just I've not been in a committed relationship before. And I mean I get quite a lot of attention from the girls at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically I go to a Comprehensive school, and I would not say I am the average Comprehensive student. I love politics. I love world cinema. I love discussing philosophy, debating, and I also revise, unlike quite a lot of other students in my school. Despite this, I have loads of friends and do well in school. But unfortunately, I have never been in a committed relationship. I've asked girls I like out, but they've said no, but whenever girls ask me out I say no as I never like them, or haven't in the past. I've been told that I am quite handsome, but still nothing, no relationships. I really want a girlfriend who likes the same things I do, but the thing is I am starting to think that the girls in my school won't be interested in those topics. I go to social events and things, and often talk to hot girls who also like these stuff, but then after the events life goes on as usual, even if I talk to them on Facebook.

Are my standards too high, or not?
    Dude you sound a lot like me. I'm a guy btw. I also am interested in stuff such as History, Science, maybe not politics so much but basically things nobody my age seems to like.
    Where the hell are all the girls that like stuff like this? All the ones in my uni are just sluts who like to drink.

ReputationRep:
    sorry m8 ur gonna lead a bachelor's lyf
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Hot girls who like politics, debating and revising.... shouldn't be too difficult...
    Really?!!! (feeling good about myself now!)

OP, I just think you have not foudn the right person yet, thats' all. It's not becaus eyou have too high standards. People wants to be in a relationship with someone that has the same interest , it's so typical. :dontknow:

(Original post by Silver Arrow)
    Dude you sound a lot like me. I'm a guy btw. I also am interested in stuff such as History, Science, maybe not politics so much but basically things nobody my age seems to like.
    Where the hell are all the girls that like stuff like this? All the ones in my uni are just sluts who like to drink.
    and the annoying thing is that I have a friend who is a "player" and gets all the girls even though he talks badly about them behind their backs, and is obsessed with sex. It's not fair, and I feel bad that I've never had a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    You sound right for me :o:

Thing is, I dislike student parties (if I go out, its usually other places) and I don't love getting pissed all the time. I am a tad shy as well, so problem is where to meet the guys. You need an arena to meet up, and one to take it further.
    I am same as you though, I rarely experience a match, that he likes me and I like him. When I have, there has always been an obstacle, like he lives far away. Or he's not looking for commitment

ReputationRep:
    Alright then mate , next question please !!

(Original post by *Lollo*)
    You sound right for me :o:

Thing is, I dislike student parties (if I go out, its usually other places) and I don't love getting pissed all the time. I am a tad shy as well, so problem is where to meet the guys. You need an arena to meet up, and one to take it further.
    I am same as you though, I rarely experience a match, that he likes me and I like him. When I have, there has always been an obstacle, like he lives far away. Or he's not looking for commitment
    I'm also not interested in online relationships so it's really hard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.