Turn on thread page Beta

Acne/Spots watch

Announcements

So I get spots on my chest and back (not on my face), nothing awful but worse than other people do. I have tried things to get it to go away, I use tea tree soap stuff but it just doesn't seem to have cleared up. I have waited for it to go away by itself (it's been there for like over a year) but I'm nearly 18, surely spots like this are meant to go away by now?!

I don't know what to try now. Could it be to do with my diet? I don't eat particularly healthily and I have heard that spots aren't related to diet but is that true?

I ask because I've been too unhappy with my weight to ever go swimming with my friends and I'm trying to lose weight now but if I feel too self conscious to go out all holiday again because of something else for another summer I will be annoyed.

Has anyone else successfully rid themselves of such spots?!

ReputationRep:
    I kind of need to know an answer to this too.
    I've tried body scrubs for the past month or so, and they do seem to be getting a bit better, but are taking a very long time. I go on holiday in July so I'm really hoping I can find something to help! I'm also very self concious about this.

ReputationRep:
    Hello friends

Yes i understand your problems the skin on your back is much more thick than usual Do not listen to any BS advice that will be given here i.e use Oil, Lemon Juice blah blah blah. You need medical attention 1 in 4 people suffer from back acne who suffer from normal acne. Your first role of call is a product known as Panoxyl get 10% panoxyl from your chemist or online. Try it for 2 weeks if no visual improvement. Visit your doctor for Antibiotics. You will see a gradual improvement any mild cases will improve within weeks. Start using Simple Soap or something thats not too harmful on your skin dont wear tight clothes and shower as frequent as possible and apply panoxyl. If all this is not capable or sufficient then go to see a Derm who will sign you up to Accutane which is basically a miracle drug im currently on for 6 months. Thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.