Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attracting boys when you're shy... Watch

ReputationRep:
    [Deleted]..

ReputationRep:
    Pics or GTFO

ReputationRep:
    Show him your boobies, then give him a suckie. sorted.

ReputationRep:
    If you're that shy then unless you're hot they won't be attracted to you, find a way to get some confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself and say hi every now and then. But I am afarid if you really want them to fall for you your going to have to open up a bit more towards them.

In general why are you shy towards boys?

ReputationRep:
    Just smile

ReputationRep:
    Smile, flutter your eyelids, twirl your hair, look at him, they're pretty obvious signs. If you're not pretty it probably won't work (brutal, but true, I'm a guy, I know). Personally, a girl having confidence to start a conversation with me is an attractive feature, I'm rarely attracted to the shy girls because I don't really know what they're like, they're boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMorgan26)
    If you're that shy then unless you're hot they won't be attracted to you, find a way to get some confidence.
    I wouldn't say that I'm "hot" but I'm not ugly. I've been called pretty and beautiful but never hot.

(Original post by F_shakeey)
    Just be yourself and say hi every now and then. But I am afarid if you really want them to fall for you your going to have to open up a bit more towards them.

In general why are you shy towards boys?
    I'm slowly opening up towards people (a few weeks before I leave school forever, typical). I'm not just shy with boys, I'm shy in general and always have been since I was little.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to say this, but it really is about just talking to boys. You have to get used to it in casual situations. Otherwise I have to wonder what you think people do in relationships?

You're 16, so you can afford to relax and just learn to be around guys. Don't feel bad about being single, take it as an opportunity to find out what you like about yourself, what makes you feel special/attractive.

As for the talking to guys thing; it's a lot easier to talk to them when you have no interest in them, or when you just don't look for a guy to date and simply look for a mate.

Being shy is horrible, it can make you feel terrible, but the thing is, you can slowly work your way towards becoming sociable, by not letting yourself be limited by it. Don't define yourself as shy. Define yourself as friendly and try to live up to that image. That doesn't necessarily mean you become massively outgoing, just that you'll hopefully find yourself gradually finding social situations a bit easier - which leads to being able to chat to a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls find it difficult to go up and talk to guys so i suggest befriending girls who know guys. That way you can build some confidence talking to guys in your social circle and I'm sure you will get introduced to more guys that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    I wouldn't say that I'm hot but I'm not ugly. I've been called pretty and beautiful but never hot.
    Well it boils down to the same thing, you'll have a chance if you're pretty but much more of a chance if you're pretty and confident. Try some 'dutch courage' and see how that goes.

ReputationRep:
    Smile

ReputationRep:
    Just open up and be friendly. Make an effort to try and do stuff together, and he will understand that you like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    So I'm a shy sixteen year old and I've never had a boyfriend (no abuse please). From what I know, only one boy has been in love with me (who I didn't love back, unfortunately). Please don't say "just talk to boys" because I can't, I just can't.

What are some ways I can attract boys when I'm shy? Like any cute mannerisms or anything?

There's a boy I really like who occasionally talks to me but I compeltely freeze up and get really nervous and awkward.

Any advice, lol?
    everything worthwhile takes time dont go chatting to guys cos you think it will stop you being shy, just smile and be a nice person some guy is bound to take an intrest, maybe your not ready for dating yet take your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMorgan26)
    Well it boils down to the same thing, you'll have a chance if you're pretty but much more of a chance if you're pretty and confident. Try some 'dutch courage' and see how that goes.
    Surely you aren't condoning the underage consumption of alcohol, AMorgan26.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm attracted to you already.

ReputationRep:
    Carry a magnet with you.

ReputationRep:
    Start a rumour that you give the ride on the first date.

ReputationRep:
    If you just regard them as friends, not potential boyfriends, I think that would make things much easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jungle Is Massive)
    Surely you aren't condoning the underage consumption of alcohol, AMorgan26.
    i am. drink up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.