Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I did always have panic attacks when I was in year 8/9 then they pretty much stopped for a while, but in the last few months with AS's and since my ex split with me they have become more frequent.

I am better at controlling them than i was 3ish years ago. Before I hyperventilate to much i can generally slow my breathing down, but i always end up crying due to the shock. This seems to scare people more as when they realise im crying they realise my breathings funny etc.

Today I had one in one of my classes one triggered (not sure why exactly, my mums in hospital so this is stressing me out a bit) and i kept in so well under control except for the shaking and crying. I hate it and it gets people all concerned when it isn't really any of their business.

Any clues to how to control panic attacks calmly, quickly and discreetly?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.