Turn on thread page Beta

Industrial Bands? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose anyone here knows of any decent Industrial bands; the only one I know of is Joy Division - they're pretty good if I might say.

ReputationRep:
    nine inch nails = best band ever

ReputationRep:
    Here's a few for starters, bare in mind many industrial bands mix in with other genres like ebm but it's all very similar :P

Grendel, Suicide Commando, Combichrist, Gothminister, Agonoize, Assemblage 23, Das Ich, Dope Stars Inc, Flesh Field, God Module, Nachtmahr, Psyclon Nine, Project Pitchfork, Rotersand, Uberbyte, unternull, wumpscut...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasitic)
    Here's a few for starters, bare in mind many industrial bands mix in with other genres like ebm but it's all very similar :P

Grendel, Suicide Commando, Combichrist, Gothminister, Agonoize, Assemblage 23, Das Ich, Dope Stars Inc, Flesh Field, God Module, Nachtmahr, Psyclon Nine, Project Pitchfork, Rotersand, Uberbyte, unternull, wumpscut...
    ^ All fantastic artists. Try some Alec Empire ,Skinny Puppy and Celldweller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasitic)

Thanks lookin' them up now.

ReputationRep:
    Noob question but ; what constitutes 'industrial' music?

You mentioned Joy Division, someone else mentioned NIN, and I'd say they have very different sounds..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    Noob question but ; what constitutes 'industrial' music?

You mentioned Joy Division, someone else mentioned NIN, and I'd say they have very different sounds..
    Well, industrial music often tends to mash alot of sounds together. It has elements of synth pop, hard rock and features lots of experimental stuff. It's quite an edgy sound.

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein - One of the greatest industrial metal bands ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexD14)
    Thanks lookin' them up now.
    No problem, if you need any more bands then let me know as I'm not really sure what kind of taste you have so listed some bands that I really enjoy.

You might be interested in listening to some darkwave bands too, synthpop perhaps as well, aggrotech and maybe even industrial metal like stated above Rammstein and bands like Deathstars. : )

Industrial and ebm must be one of my favourite genres, it's nice to see someone is aware of them on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a 15 year old greb I listened to Combichrist. My two pennies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    When I was a 15 year old greb I listened to Combichrist. My two pennies
    I believe bands like Combichrist are pigeon-holed into the sub genre known as 'aggrotech' which is basically industrial dance music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_N)
    I believe bands like Combichrist are pigeon-holed into the sub genre known as 'aggrotech' which is basically industrial dance music.
    I just new them as Industrial, always thought the ridiculous amounts of sub genres just makes everything so confusing after a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    I just new them as Industrial, always thought the ridiculous amounts of sub genres just makes everything so confusing after a point.
    That's just what I've heard/read. I know sub genres are for pure elitists who want to believe they are doing something 'new and exciting'. It's all music baby!

ReputationRep:
    Thorbbing Gristle and Coil are all you ever need.

ReputationRep:
    Angelspit, Ayria, The Birthday Massacre, Rammstein, Combichrist, Celldweller, Switchblade Symphony, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy..

I have a very big soft spot for the first three.

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein :love:

ReputationRep:

I'm just a wicked boy

ReputationRep:

Their new album Perstechnique is amazing!

Just a few ideas

ReputationRep:
    Wumpscut. I've never really been much of a fan of industrial music, but his song 'wreath of barbs' is by far the most played song on my iPod.

ReputationRep:
    Hanzel und Gretyl, Feindflug. These are both similar to Rammstein in my opinion. Damn good too!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.